Project Pan 2015: Update #3

/
0 Comments
Since it's the end of the month and I've knocked off some more products, it was definitely time for a Project Pan update. To see my earlier posts, start with my last post and go from there (or just hit the Project Pan tag at the end of this post).

My updated PP list was as follows:
  • Benefit's Coralista Blush (3g travel size)
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti
  • Tonymoly Circle Lens Mascara
  • Bodyography primer
  • Benefit Boi-ing concealer
  • Mememe liquid illuminator
  • Dewytree finishing powder
  • Drww Mix & Match Set Vol 2 
  • 2 x Erborian BB creams
  • Sweetpea & Fay Liquid Lipstick in Papercut
I'm removing the last three products, which aren't technically finished, and here's why:


As you may remember, the Sweetpea & Fay packaging was damaged. What happened this month was that the entire top almost came off and the product basically became unusable. I did squeeze the remainder (about half) of the tube into a little tub to use as a mixer product if I want to, but I think we can call this one done and dusted. 


The Drww set: the concealer is gone and the crappy gloss is on the way out, but the three tints are taking me ages to get through. I made the decision this month that I needed to remove products from this list that I don't like as much (aside from Coralista, which can be used over other blushes so I might as well keep going with it). Why would I use products to the end if they're annoying me? This list definitely needs to include products I'm enjoying: otherwise, what's the point? I don't want to finish products that aren't great and wind up with a bunch of favourites past expiry.


The two Erborian BB creams: these were about half done each with no sign of getting through them any time this century. I'm over them and I have other products to use that I prefer. Rather than leave them to go off, I made the decision to squeeze the rest of the tubes into a tub and add in an equal amount of sunscreen. I'm now using this (very sheer) mix a couple of times a day to keep my sun protection up and refresh my makeup with the slightest hint of colour. I'm using it on my face and also my neck/dec, and it's working really well for this purpose. So while these technically aren't 'finished', the tubes are dead and the mix will be done with soon enough because it's sheer enough that I can apply quite a bit to get a good amount of sun protection.

Here's where my other products are at:


  • The ModelCo eyeshadow will probably outlive us all. It's looking like it'll last about two years. My golly. 
  • The Boi-ing concealer is coming along. Give me three more months?
  • The dreaded Coralista: like a cockroach it will never die hehe. End of April? Let's see.
I haven't pictured the others because you can't really see where they're at. The Dewytree powder is vanishing faster than expected and I think there may only be another couple of months in it. The Tonymoly clear mascara - who knows. Three months? There's about one-fifth gone from the Mememe illuminator and I've been a bit naughty with the Bodyography primer (I've been playing around with various sample primers I had on hand) so I'll have to get better at using that one! I'm thinking of making March Bodyography month anyway because I've got quite a few products to review, so hopefully I can get stuck into it then.

Here's what I'm adding:


Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 03 PĂȘche Cosy

Full review here.  I really want to knock off another lip product so I feel able to open one of the new ones I have in store. This little Bourjois one is a good choice because it's a lovely, everyday kind of colour and it's nicely hydrating. It also doesn't last very long so I need to keep applying it, which means I'll finish it pretty quickly. I expect it to last around six weeks.


Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner

I received this eyeliner in Marie Claire's The Parcel, and I opened it so I could review it - and also because I wanted to see what the fuss was all about - and now I want to make sure it gets used. I'm no longer a liquid/gel/pencil eyeliner kind of person (I use brown or grey eyeshadow for definition) but since I'm not getting out as much these days (I have a three-week-old daughter), I'm more happy to play around with looks that aren't my favourite. It's a little trial size and I've no idea how long it will take me to get through it because I use so little each time. A month? Not sure.


Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat

I recently reviewed this Sally Hansen top coat (see here) and realised that I need to start using it more! So if I add it to my PP list, that might mean I actually do this. There's a lot left - maybe three quarters - and it's very runny, so I suspect we'll be seeing it on this list for a while.


theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer

Full review here. I love this little bronzer but I've had it for over six months now and there's barely a dent in it. Since it doubles as an eyeshadow and a contour powder (you could probably also use it on your brows as well, although it's too pale for me to do that), I thought it was a good product to include. I can probably knock this off in three or four months: it's not overly pigmented and my skin is medium, so I need to use quite a bit each time.


Revlon Age Defying CC Cream

I love this Revlon CC and it's sheer enough that I can apply a layer under a different base if I want to, and it won't interfere with the product above it. That's an ideal kind of product for a beauty junkie to add to her PP list: I'm a commitment-phobe when it comes to bases and I like rotating them. There's probably only two months left in this tube, maybe even less (I think there's about a third gone).


Coral Colours Eyebrow Definer Pencil in Dark Brown

Full review here. This isn't my favourite product but I don't have much in the brow department and I'm happy to use it up - particularly because I reckon I'll get through it pretty quickly. There's maybe two months in it? Let's see.

In sum

That's it! As you can see, I've added in a few extra products this month so there's thirteen in total. I'm not sure whether I'll keep the list with ten or more products - I'll just see how I go.

Let me know if you're doing Project Pan this year and, if so, how you're going with it. It's certainly not easy - I'm thinking I'll take a week or two off it in March just so I can play around more with my newer things : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.