Urban Skincare Co upgrade pack - unboxing

/
0 Comments

I thought I would write a short post covering what I received in my free upgrade from Urban Skincare. I got the pack back in February but I'm only starting to use the contents now because I had quite a bit of stuff to get through first, so I thought it was timely to do the unboxing.

You may remember that I was on a spending ban at the time, but my husband had asked for shampoo and conditioner because he'd run out (and he would need more soap soon enough), so when I saw that I could get 20% off (and free shipping) for a travel pack that contained those things and a couple of others for the grand total of $7.96, I jumped at the chance to buy this instead of going to the supermarket and hoped I would get the upgrade I'd seen others get online.

I was lucky! And when you're on a spending ban, free products mean even more : )


Not a bad little bundle for $7.96!  With the travel pack I ordered, I should have received 35ml sizes of the Awaken Hair Wash, Intense Conditioner, Daily Hand & Body Cleanser and Repair+ Body Balm, plus two little 40g Body Bars.

Instead I received 100ml sizes of the liquids, a 100g soap, plus the Exfoliating Body Mat, Detoxifying Bath Salts and Chill Out Bath Bomb. Yay!

I haven't used Mex's shampoo and conditioner yet to test them, but I've now used all the other stuff and am working my way through the reviews.


I've reviewed the bath bomb here and the bath salts here. I didn't love those unfortunately but the exfoliating mat is awesome and I plan to review that today.


I suspect the shampoo and conditioner won't be heavy enough for my hair, and I'd have been better off picking the black products rather than the white ones if I'd been buying the pack for myself. But my husband uses 'normal' hair products rather than dry ones, so that's why I chose the white pack.

Also, I'd just used the body balm and loved it, so I wanted more. I thought I'd reviewed that but looks like I'll haven't, so I'll have to do that at some point.

I received the cleanser (reviewed here) in a later box and don't love that as much, but it's still something I'll use.


Verdict

What a great idea from Urban Skincare! It's a good way to entice new customers: I probably wouldn't have used the voucher if I didn't think I might get the upgrade, and I know others must have been the same.

Plus it's a good way to encourage loyalty. The bunch of products would have cost me almost $60 if I'd bought them, so it was an amazing upgrade and it's put the company front of mind when it comes to body products.

I would definitely recommend this brand. The body creams in particular are amazing.




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.