Lust Have It September 2015

/
0 Comments

Last month's Lust Have It box showed up yesterday, more than two weeks after the end of September. I don't normally mind late boxes so long as we're kept informed, and LHI is notoriously bad at keeping us updated.

This box was no exception and I think the communication around how late the box was going to be could have been much better.

Also, the problem with receiving boxes this late and not knowing when they'll show up, is that - for me - the excitement and anticipation surrounding the box's arrival (which is the main reason why I subscribe to beauty boxes) tends to vanish, and I'm no longer excited about receiving the box, I just want the damn thing to show up.

Anyhoo. Let's have a look.


Lust Have It has had some great boxes this year, but this one doesn't float my boat.

No one's excited about toothpaste and I've seen that DB remover before (plus I don't think that brands like DB should be included in boxes like this because they're not special), and the two makeup products are too similar so you're bound to be disappointed if you don't want or need anything like them (which I don't).

The best items in the box are the two Kérastase samples, and I've always wanted to try haircare from those guys because I've heard great things about the brand's products, so I'm pleased to see them.


There's the product card above. Even that doesn't look exciting to me.


White Glo Professional Choice Whitening Toothpaste (RRP $5.49 for 150ml; received 24g sample)

Meh, toothpaste. This was apparently rated as the most effective whitening toothpaste in a consumer trial. With regular use, it should help restore your teeth's glamorous shine, giving you a radiant smile.

I've used this before and don't remember it working too well, but that was ages ago so maybe the formula has changed. I'll use it but it's like receiving socks in your Christmas stocking - none too thrilling.


Kérastase Resistance Bain Force Architecte and Resistance Masque Force Architecte (RRP $42 for 250ml and $62 for 200ml respectively; received 30ml samples)

These are designed to repair and rejuvenate dry and damaged hair. That's definitely my hair, so I'm pleased to see them.

Kérastase is one of those brands that gets raved about a lot online, so I'm happy I'll finally get a chance to try something from the range.


Ofra Lip Liner in Wine (RRP $19.50; received full size)

I don't use lip liners much so I'm not thrilled about this inclusion. That's all personal preference of course and I'm sure many people are happy to see this.

It's apparently water resistant and suitable for the most sensitive eye and lip areas. It's created with a synthetic beeswax base for smooth, soft and long-lasting application. There's the colour:


It's a nice enough colour and it applies well. It would make a good 'my lips but better' shade on my lips, so I'll give it a go and see if it's something I'll use.


UB Cosmetics Tint Stick (RRP $23; received full size)

I saw a photo of this on Facebook before I received my box and wasn't going to open it because it was red, but when mine showed up I thought I'd got a different colour (the coloured circle at the base doesn't look red but more pink).

Unfortunately it is indeed red and it's not a colour I'll wear, so I'm annoyed that I've opened it. There it is:


I'll probably just test and review it now that I've opened it, but after that I'll send it to a better home. It apparently offers at least 10 hours of anti-feathering wear, and is transfer-proof and infused with vitamin B5 and aloe vera. It sounds ok, but it's not a colour I'll wear.


Designer Brands Twist n Go Nail Polish Remover & Primer (RRP $4.99; received full size)

The concept of this product repels me a bit so I'll have to get over that because apparently it's a top selling product that removes polish in one second. You dip and twist your finger in to remove even the most stubborn nail polish. I'll be interested to see how well it works and whether I can get over the ick factor of dipping my fingers again and again into the same tub.


Your Tea Skin Magic Tea (RRP $35 USD for a box of 60; received one bag)

This apparently helps nourish and rejuvenate the skin, working to hydrate and drain away inflammation. It's an interesting concept and I'll happily use this, although I'm not sure how much of an idea of the product you can get from one tea bag. Plus I'm unlikely to spend that much on a box of tea. We'll see.

In sum

Obviously I'm not a huge fan of this box but I've seen others say that they love it, so of course it all comes down to personal opinion.

I'll wait to see what October's box is like, but I may well decide to have a rest from sub boxes for a while: I have too much stuff as it is and, now that Violet Box has closed operations, there's not a box on the Australian market that I really love.

'Till then!




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.