2016 beauty wishlist

/
0 Comments

I thought it would be fun to write a 2016 wishlist post, knowing full well there's no way I'll be able to afford all the products I'd love to add to my collection - but at least I can test as many as possible and work out which ones I can't live without.

While I certainly don't need any makeup, I will need to buy some skincare during the year when I finish the products I have, and this wishlist will be useful not only as a reference, but I'm also hoping it will help prevent any impulse purchases when I see things on sale that aren't on the list. Maybe?!?!?!?! It's worth a shot ; )

Warning: this will be a long post! But I'll keep my comments on the individual products brief so it doesn't take half the year to write it.


The stuff of makeup dreams (Burberry)

While I'd love to buy half the range, I've already swatched a few products in Sephora and David Jones and I'm loving the Burberry Earthy Blush, the Copper Glow Warm Glow Bronzer and the Complete Eye Palette in 07 Pink Taupe. Do I need any of these? No! But I'm sure as hell going to ask for one for my birthday (oh June, you seem so far away...).

The skincare to end all skincare (Sunday Riley)

Why oh why must sublime skincare be so expensive?! What I'd love to buy from this brand is the Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment, Luna Sleeping Night Oil, Ceramic Slip Cleanser and either or both of the Flora and Artemis Oils. I've tested Good Genes and know I love it, but I'll grab samples of the others before committing to any purchase.

I'm low on face oils and serums so there'll be room for these products in my collection soon enough, but I'll have to give up a few things (like water, food, electricity, my first-born...) if I'm going to be able to afford them. Ach, what we do for beauty.


Budget buys (complexion)

I have a few more affordable (drugstore) products I'm keen to try this year, and since they won't break the bank, I'll wait for half-price sales at Chemist Warehouse or Priceline and hopefully purchase anything I love once I've finished a few things I have open.

Those products are: the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind and Fit Me Concealers; the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation (apparently that's comparable to the lightweight serum foundations flooding the market these days); the L'Oreal True Match Lumi and Lumi Cushion Foundations; and the Revlon Photoready BB Cream.

High end (complexion)

I've already tested a couple of base products in Mecca that I'm desperate to purchase: the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel. I know these work for me, so I'll save my pennies and buy one (or both, if I'm lucky) later in the year once I've finished off some base products I have on the go.

From Sephora, I'm keen to try the Make Up Forever Face & Body Foundation and the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation. If either works for me, I'll buy one this year but not both: foundations can take ages to get through and one purchase per year is enough (famous last words...).

I'm also keen to buy the Becca Backlight Priming Filter and one of the new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Strobe Powders. Four powders have been released and two of those tickle my fancy, but I'll hold fort until I see swatches. Regardless, let's face it, I'll probably buy one. Whether or not I can afford it or need it. Hourglass gets me every time.  



So much skincare...

At the top of the list are the: Ren Wake Wonderful Night Time Facial (I've had great experience with Ren masks and this one's had awesome reviews); the Annie's Way Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid Brightening Jelly Mask and the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel (blame the blogosphere for putting these on the list, they're clear blogger favourites); and the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask (I can validly blame Ruth Crilly of A Model Recommends for that one - she's raved about it and it sounds like something I'd love).

I'm also keen to test a bunch of stuff from Origins, in particular the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask and the Original Skin Rose Clay Mask. I have tested the Drink Up product before and while it didn't grab me, so many people love this one so I'd like to try it again.

And then there's GlamGlow. I can't wait to try some of the star products from the brand and happily a couple of those come in travel sizes, so I can pick up one or two smaller tubs without tossing $86 at a single purchase. In particular I'm itching to test the GlamGlow Thirstymud, Supermud and Flashmud - which is of course far too much mud for anyone but hopefully I can find one that works for my skin.


In sum

Now that's a long list!

Am I going to buy everything on here during the course of the year?! That'd be a resounding no!

But I'll grab samples of as much stuff as I can and include them in my sachet city posts in case anyone else is interested in some of the products I've included. Do let me know if you've tried any stuff on the list and can recommend it.

One thing I've learned about wishlists is that they can change, so something I HAVE to have now, I might have forgotten about by the end of the month. That's why it's worth waiting a while before buying a product, because it mightn't be something you still want as time passes and more fun things flood the market. Has anyone else found that too?

The stuff in this post has been on my wishlist or a while, though (or at least my 'wish test', if you will, for products I haven't yet tried), so it's not going anywhere for now!

What's on your wishlist this year? I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.