Introducing Project Dent

/
0 Comments

I've had the idea for this project in my head for a while, but it's taken me some time to work out how I'll do it and whether I think I'll stick to it: after all, there's no point doing something if it's going to fall off your list within a few weeks!

So I did a few test runs and I think it's something I can stick with, plus it marries well with Project Pan and still leaves me with room to move each day when it comes to choosing my makeup, so I've finally decided to bite the bullet and just get on with it.


Anyhoo. If this is sounding confusing, here's what I'm calling Project Dent:

  • Every week or two (perhaps longer, in the case of eg eyeshadow palettes), I'm going to pick a different product from my stores and make sure I use it each day.
  • I can use the product in any way I want to: ie, a blush needn't always get used as a blush - it might make a good eyeshadow shade for those days when I want to wear something different on my cheeks.
  • Whenever I start to see a dent in the surface of the product that I'm happy with, I'll move over to a different item and update you with shots of any dents I've made.
  • The aim is not to make huge dents in my chosen items (I'd be here for years otherwise!), but just to make the surface of each look a little more worn and well-loved.


 I'm doing this because:

  • I have a bundle of awesome products in my stores that look barely touched, even though I do use them often.
  • I want to make sure that everything in my collection gets a good workout: I do declutter often so everything I own is something I love, but I want the products to look like I love them!
  • Project Pan is a good and worthwhile thing to do, but you tend to focus on products that have been used a lot anyway because you want to finish them. So what about the products that you don't want to finish but want to show some extra love?
  • It's pretty easy to fool yourself into thinking that you don't have enough stuff and need something new. Making myself use each product I own for a set length of time will keep reminding me that I don't need anything new.
  • Some of my favourite makeup items haven't been reviewed yet. I need to review them! By introducing Project Dent, I'll be forcing myself to focus on different products throughout the year and this will encourage me to review them in turn.
  • Using my products back-to-back will be a good way to work out my absolute favourites (because these seem to change all the time!), since it might show me which ones work with the most looks and are therefore the most versatile.
  • Using the same product for consecutive days will encourage me to 'think outside the box' and be more experimental, rather than doing the same looks every time I reach for something. It will also encourage me to play with the colours I tend not to use as much: you never know, I might find a new favourite or two in my travels.

That's it!

So without further ado, here's the first product I'm focusing on as part of Project Dent (in case you hadn't already guessed ; )):


Stila Eyes are the Window Palette in Mind

This was the first high-end eyeshadow palette (or indeed eyeshadow in general) that I bought, and I still haven't reviewed it. Ooops! I guess that's partly because there are so many shades to photograph that I've been a bit lazy, but I've also held off on reviewing some of my fancier makeup because I wanted more experience with different brands before confirming my opinions of each.

Anyhoo. I'm more than ready to review this palette now so all that's left is getting some shots of the shades. It's a great palette and I do use it a lot, although it doesn't look that way when you see the pans! I do tend to focus on the bottom half of the palette because I prefer warmer looks on me, and Wit is the only shade (middle column, second from the bottom) that has a little dent. The others look unloved, which isn't the case at all.

I expect I'll be using this for a couple of weeks before we see any dents and I feel able to update this post. I'll also review the palette in that time, so stay tuned.

In sum

So that's Project Dent! I do hope I stick with it - I really plan to - so by the end of the year, everything in my collection will be nicely dented and finally reviewed.

Let me know if you have the same issue with your makeup looking unloved, even though it's not, and whether doing Project Dent is something that appeals to you : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.