Marie Claire's Ageless Parcel, Winter Edit 2016

/
0 Comments

Look what arrived this morning - woot woot! Even bigger woot, my toddler slept for longer than her usual 20 minutes so I had enough time to take some photos before she woke up : )

On that, the lighting in the morning here is a little odd so I sometimes wind up with a weird blue tint to some shots that I can't remove during the editing process. So apologies if some photos are washed in different lights than others, but I wanted to get this up while I could since I never know when I'll have time to do anything these days!

Anyhoo. The box...


This month, Marie Claire had me at the IT Cosmetics CC Cream. I've seen that raved about so much online that I've been dying to try it, and now I can. I already knew about the Dragon's Blood product (another item that's raved about online), but since that was a sneak peek item, it didn't blow my socks off when I saw it - although I'm also thrilled about that inclusion.

Indeed, this box is so good that it's up there with the first Maslow & Co box I recently received, which was easily my favourite box ever. This one comes in a close second (very close), and I guess the only items I'm not thrilled about are the two Bioderma samples, purely because I've tried one before and I don't love any of the many Bioderma products I've received in sub boxes.


Look at all that goodness! I'll keep and use everything in here, which means it's a great value box for me - even if I don't love absolutely everything.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ (RRP $58 AUD for 32ml; received 12ml sample)

According to the card, this hard-working formula is like seven products in one, offering coverage, sunscreen, brightening, anti-ageing benefits and more.

Happily I received a shade that should match my skin (medium) and I can't wait to try it. This is by far the most exciting item in the box for me and I'm thrilled : )


Skin Therapy Dragon's Blood Sculpting Serum (RRP $30 AUD for 30ml; received full size)

Apparently this is made from dragon's blood tree sap, and it's a natural serum that's high in anti-oxidant properties, and helps to lift and smooth skin.

It's funny, I was short on serums not long ago, but I've received three or four in recent sub boxes (and also bought two before I received those), so now I'm swimming in the stuff! Still, I'll use this and hope it's as good as all the online hype would have us believe.


Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-ageing Antioxidant Infusion Essence (RRP $130 AUD for 140ml; received 10ml sample)

Inspired by Korean rituals, this bio-fermented treatment aims to hydrate and protect the skin. 

Essences and boosters are the new black these days, and I've liked all of the (few) products in that category I've tried. We received a booster from this brand a while back and I loved it, so I can't wait to try this one.


Alpha-H Balancing Moisturiser and Gentle Exfoliant (RRP $62 AUD for 50ml; received 30ml sample)

This is my HG day cream (I've reviewed it here) and I've almost run out of my tube, so I couldn't believe my luck when I saw this was the second sneak peek item in the box!

It's a two-in-one lotion that helps renew and refine skin in one step - the glycolic acid exfoliates and brightens skin, while the hyaluronic acid locks in moisture for continuous hydration.

It's such a fantastic product and I'm over-mooned that I don't need to buy another one (for now ; )).


Bioderma Hydrabio H2O Micellar Water (RRP $31.99 for 250ml; received 20ml sample)

According to the card, this cult, no-rinse cleanser is beloved by beauty editors, supermodels and makeup artists alike. It's ideal for sensitive skin, and gently cleanses, removes makeup and moisturises, leaving skin soothed and hydrated.

Now I can't remember if I've used this blue version, but I've definitely tried heaps of the pink one and it did nothing for me. I've no idea why, but other micellar waters work better for me than this one does. Fingers crossed this blue version does the job.

Bioderma Hydrabio Light Cream (RRP $40.99 for 40ml; received 15ml sample)

This is apparently for dry, tight and dull skin. The lightweight formula encourages skin to activate its natural moisturising processes and retain hydration.

Despite my lack of luck with the various Bioderma creams I've tried from sub boxes, this one looks better-geared towards my skin so I may end up liking it. Hope so! Another day cream will never go astray since I don't have many in my stores.

In sum

This is a great-value box, with the RRP contents clocking in at well over $100.

I'm super pleased with all the items except the Bioderma ones, given my lack of luck with the brand in the past, but I may end up being pleasantly surprised by those so I'll keep an open mind.

Apologies again for the weird lighting in some of the photos, but at least I've been able to post this on the day I received it, just in case anyone's super keen to see what's in the box before they get theirs : )

Did you receive this box? Let me know what you think if so. I'm thrilled with mine!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.