Maslow & Co, USA The West Coast Edit, June 2016 - unboxing

/
0 Comments

Look what showed up yesterday - woot woot!

I've been eagerly looking out for this box ever since I got my tracking email, and unfortunately it arrived sometime after lunch yesterday and I didn't know it was there until I went to take the toddler and dog to the park and stumbled across it on the doorstep.

For the sake of having decent light for my photos, I really should have halted the park expedition and taken the shots straight away, but I couldn't bear to do it to the excited dog (the toddler wouldn't have cared) so I pushed on and wasn't able to take my shots until my husband got home from work. At that stage of the day, the best light is in the front yard - so I received many strange looks from passersby as I stood out there arranging products and props for all to see. And after all that, I had to turf the photos because they didn't turn out - argh!

Anyhoo. I'm guessing you'd prefer that I just shut up and got on with this post ; )


What I've loved about my Maslow & Co boxes so far is that they've contained products that just look like they're good quality. That's one of the reasons I unsubscribed from other boxes: I was tired of receiving junk I wasn't going to use (particularly cheap makeup items in colours I'd never wear).

There's one makeup item in this box, and it's a good one. Most beauty lovers will have heard of Milani's fabled baked blushes, particularly the shade Luminoso - a cult favourite that many lasses will already own. Perhaps that's why we received the shade Corallina, which happily looks like a colour I'll wear.

I'll touch on each item briefly now and then write separate, full reviews of each product as I use them, so stay tuned for those : )


Reverie Milk, Anti-frizz Leave-in Nourishing Treatment (RRP $63 AUD for 100ml; received 30ml sample valued at $23)

This was the sneak peek item and although I have too much haircare on the go at the moment, I must admit that I was pretty excited to try it after reading about it earlier in the month. According to the card, it's infused with a blend of 16 essential oils and proteins, making it a nourishing frizz combatant.

I always need products to tame frizz so I'm pleased about this one. I'm determined to finish off the hair product currently on my Project Pan list - to the point where I'm using it to keep my daughter's hair conditioned too! - so once that's done, I'll open this.


 Milani Baked Blush in Corallina (RRP $15.95 AUD for 3.5g; received full size)

These blushes are baked on Italian terracotta tiles, and baked blushes are apparently known for their ability to 'melt' into the skin, creating a perfectly natural flush. You can build the colour from sheer to vibrant, and the card notes that the shimmer particles do not translate as glitter particles on the face, but instead diffuse light.

There's a heavy swatch:


I'm really looking forward to trying this because I've never used a Milani baked blush and I've always wanted to. The colour looks perfect for me and I might even give it a burl tomorrow.


Fig & Yarrow Complexion Water in Rose, Sandalwood & Neroli (RRP $63 AUD for 120ml; received 30ml sample valued at $24.85)

You could have received one of two versions of this, and I received the Rose, Sandalwood & Neroli one. Each toner contains essential oils and healing botanicals, and is designed to heal and hydrate the skin while soothing the senses.

You can use this day and night as a toner, or as a hydrating mist. I'll likely use mine as a mist because I'm swimming in toners at the moment and I can't seem to get through them, but I can never have too many mists because I use them so often to plump up my dry skin and keep it feeling comfortable. Happy with this inclusion : )


Fig & Yarrow Clay Mask [White] (RRP $32 AUD for 34g; received full size)

Fig & Yarrow is apparently an artisan line that creates small-batch, hand-crafted products. The brand focuses on unique formulations, and each mask is infused with essential oils and herbs, unlocking the ancient magic of clay.

I received the white version, which is designed for dry or sensitive skin (yep, that's me). You're meant to mix it with some kind of liquid, eg raw honey, chilled green tea, natural  yoghurt or floral infused water (or just plain water).

I'm in the market for a good clay mask so I'm more than happy to give this a go. Fingers crossed it's a good one because it's not as expensive as some others I've been looking at!


Marula Foaming Cleansing Oil (RRP $52 AUD for 210ml; received 30ml sample valued at $13)

Apparently pure marula oil is great for damaged, dull or ageing skin. It contains natural AHAs that brighten and help address clogged pores, and it also releases hydration and nutrients over time, keeping skin plump and quenched throughout the day.

Now this sounds nice. I'm always sceptical when cleansers claim to do things outside their normal washing function (like adding moisture, as opposed to unclogging pores), so I'll be interested to see how this performs. I have bundles of cleansers on the go at the moment but a couple are on their last legs, so I'm looking forward to using this soon.


Earth's Nectar Mint Leaves Scalp Oil (RRP $30 AUD for 120ml; received 30ml sample valued at $13)

Now this sounds interesting and I've got nothing else like it so I'll likely open this sooner rather than later. It's meant to restore and revive your tresses, no matter your hair type, and can be used for a variety of different purposes including to help with dry, damaged or fatigued hair (that's me!).

It contains sweet almond and jojoba oils to treat dryness, and rosemary to give the hair strength and aid growth. I definitely need some of that action, so hopefully this delivers.

In sum

Another great box from Maslow & Co, and while it hasn't blown my socks off as much as the last edit did (the NZ box, unboxed here), it was pretty hard to live up to that one and this box is still very good.

It contains over $120 worth of products, which isn't bad for the $40 outlay - particularly if you're going to use everything, as I will.

I'm probably most excited about the Reverie hair product since that was hyped up so much, but I'm pleased to finally try a Milani baked blush too. Really, there's not a product in here that I'm not looking forward to testing, which is all you can ever ask for from sub boxes.

Did you receive this box? Let me know what you think if so : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.