Project Pan 2016 update #7

/
0 Comments

Welcome to another full Project Pan update! I'm a couple of days late with this I'm sorry, but there's been so much going on that I wasn't able to squeeze this post in at the close of July. 

First up, a bit of housekeeping: I moved two products across to Pan that Palette 2016 (see here) - my 'Tini Beauty eyeshadow and my Gorgeous Cosmetics bronzer. I did this because my PP list was too long and it made more sense to move those across to the other project, since I'd depotted them anyway. So don't despair if you've been watching those: they're still being used daily and you'll be able to see my progress on them via Pan that Palette.

Anyhoo! Here's my current list of PP products:
  • Inika Certified Organic Pure Primer
  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Sand
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Liquid) in Moonstone
  • Croquis Duo Concealer
  • Evelyn Iona Natural and Organic Concealer in Flawless
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Pressed Mineral Blush in Raw Cacao
  • Lust Have It Sunset Strobe Natural Highlighter
  • Mememe Cosmetics Goddess Rocks 
  • Becca Sheer Tint Lip Colour in Milla
  • Cheek Room Lip Palette
  • Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Nudist
  • Teeez Eyeliner in Black
  • Dd'ell Eyeliner in Brown
  • Alpha-H Liquid Laser Cleansing Oil with White Mulberry
  • GHD Straight & Tame Cream
  • Natural World Moroccan Argan Oil
  • 'Tini Beauty Pearl Fizz Eyeshadow (switched to Pan that Palette)
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Endless Summer Bronzer in 01-ES (switched to Pan that Palette)
  • Clarins Instant Light Perfector in 01, Rose Shimmer
  • Stila HD Illuminating Beauty Balm

That's sixteen products in total, which is around the amount I'd wanted to keep on my list - otherwise I start feeling overwhelmed. If you'd like to see my last full post so you know where my various products were at last month, see here.

And here's the one product I've finished in July (not including the Clarins gloss I finished earlier in the month, which I posted about in a mini update):


I really did enjoy my Stila HD Illuminating BB Cream, so I'm sad to see the back of it but also glad I've gotten through it because it was getting a little old and you don't want that when it comes to products containing sunscreen (which becomes less effective over time).

I wouldn't mind replacing it in future because I found so many ways to use it, but for now I'm happy to move on and try other products.

Let's have a quick look at the rest of my list in turn:


There's not a whole lot of movement in my Lust Have It highlighter, although there's a tiny bit of pan showing in the centre. I don't have high hopes for making much progress with this at the moment, but I might start using it on my body in the warmer months so it will hopefully show more progress later in the year.

Both the blush from The Cosmetic Kitchen and the Mememe Goddess Rocks are starting to look more worn as the days pass, and I'm confident I can finish those by the end of the year. I'm using the blush as a touch-up shade for later in the day (and it can happily pass as a bronzer, blush and eyeshadow), and I'm crushing up the rocks and adding them to my body cream.


My Evelyn Iona Concealer is a newer inclusion but I've been using it heaps - not only as a concealer, but also to touch up my foundation/BB cream throughout the day if any redness is peeking through on my chin and around my nose.

I'm also happy to report that the darker side of the Croquis Concealer is almost gone, to the point where I'm having trouble getting product out. The highlighter side is still going strong, however, and I wouldn't be surprised if that lasts out the year.

The Be a Bombshell Eye Base is also looking nicely used, and I'm looking forward to writing a 'how long does it take to finish?' post on that one soon because it may be helpful for anyone wanting to know how long cream eye products last - so stay tuned for that!


Now for the base products. All three of these are newer inclusions but they're getting used daily so I wouldn't expect them to last too much longer.

There's around half of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector left, and I'm mixing it every day with my base so it will be gone soon enough. 

The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser is also being used daily, although I have to mix it with a paler base because it's a little too dark. I was using the Stila product for this but I'll now have to use something else (see my new additions to the list below). There's maybe a quarter left? It's hard to know exactly.

As for the Inika Primer, I can't believe that thing is still going. I've been using it most days throughout the cooler months because it's beautifully hydrating, but you only need a tiny amount each time and I can't tell from the weight whether there's much left to go (and of course the container is black so you can't see through it). Time will tell!


Ach, that Cheek Room lip palette has really started to annoy me. I'm getting through it, but all too slowly and it doesn't normally take me that long to finish lip products. If it hangs around too much longer, I'll turf it - I have other products I would prefer to start using.

My Becca lip tint, on the other hand, is definitely getting there! I'd thought I might be able to finish it this month, but looks like it'll be done in the next few weeks. After that I'll replace it with another lip product to balance out the annoying Cheek Room one ; )

My two eye pencils from Teeez and Dd'ell are so close to being finished that I fully expect them to be done sometime in August. Thank golly! They've been on my PP list for ages and when I've finished them, I'll be able to shop around for replacements : )


Last up, my non-makeup products. The Alpha-H cleansing oil seems never-ending. I don't mind it, but I have other similar products that I prefer and I'm looking forward to knocking this off so I can move those back into circulation.

As for the hair products, that GHD Straight & Tame Cream is somehow still going, despite the fact that it's getting used daily - whether on my hair or my daughter's (it works wonders for getting the knots out and keeping her hair out of her eyes when she pulls out her elastic band - which she does all the time). I can't wait to finish this one. I've had enough!

The Natural World hair oil is a gorgeous product and happily there's only about a fifth left in the bottle. I do have a back-up for this, but I wanted to get through this one because it's been open for ages.

And now for the new additions to my list:


I wound up with eight Nars foundation samples and I've managed to get the tally down to three (some I used and others I gave away). Two are in the Sheer Glow formula (in Santa Fe and Deauville), and the third is in the Sheer Matte one (the shade is Fiji). 

I really don't like these foundations because they look like a mask on me and also sit in pores (see review here), and I did consider sending them to better homes but decided to keep them as mixer products because they're too pale for me so they work well with my darker tinted moisturisers that don't quite match my colouring in the cooler months. The rationale here is that using them up is saving me from buying a paler mixer product like the Stila one I've just finished.

I'm counting these three 4ml samples as one product, so that's 12ml of foundation in total, and since I only use a little each time when I mix them, I imagine they'll easily last until the end of the year. We'll see.

In sum

July has been a pretty slow Project Pan month for me but I have high hopes that August will be better! The two eye pencils are (finally) on their last legs, and the Becca and Laura Mercier products aren't too far away from being finished as well.

Fingers crossed for me that I'll see some more progress throughout the month: I'm feeling a bit over my list at the moment and I can't wait to bring in some more products.

Speak soon xx


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.