Marie Claire's Ageless Parcel, Summer 2016 Edit - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

While I received this box last week, unfortunately it wasn't until yesterday that I was able to get everything out and photograph it. I guess I could have taken a few shots over the weekend when my husband was home to help with the kids, but quite frankly, I wasn't excited about the contents of this box and I didn't feel like it. 

Unfortunately I reckon this is the first bad box from the Ageless Parcel. Every other one I've received has been good or fantastic, so I'll live with that because one bad box doesn't make a bad subscription.

My issue with this one is that there's nothing in here that excites me, and worse, there's one product inside that a good deal of subscribers won't be able to use because it's designed for blonde hair. Hands up if you don't have blonde hair. Not me.


There's everything above. It doesn't even look that thrilling, and normally the value is higher than the contents of this one.

Plus there isn't a single thing that stands out to me as the best item in the box, so it's hard to rustle up much excitement about the box overall.

Let's have a quick look at each product in turn.


Sunsense Daily Face SPF 50+ (RRP $26.95 AUD for 200ml; received full size)

This is apparently a moisturising SPF 50+ broad spectrum sunscreen that's ideal for everyday use on the face and neck. It's lightweight and oil-free, with a sheer tint for an invisible matte finish. It's designed for oily and combination skin, and should be good for acne-prone skin.

While a decent facial sunscreen will never go astray, I've got three of my favourite Mecca sunscreens in store (one's a handbag size) and I just don't need another one for a while. I'll certainly use this and I'll be interested to see if it's any good, but if it's not, 200ml is a lot of product to get through! We'll see.


L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Classic Concentrated Serum (RRP $32.95 AUD for 30ml; received full size)

According to the card, this is ultra-concentrated and contains anti-ageing actives for an immediate and intense action. It also contains Adenosine, a powerful anti-wrinkle active to combat the signs of ageing.

While serums might just about be my favourite skincare item and I'm always up for trying another one, I'm yet to find any skincare product from brands like L'Oreal and Garnier that I actually like - and indeed, all the ones we've received from Marie Claire so far haven't worked for me. So I'm not thrilled about this but I'll certainly try it.


Sukin Energising Body Scrub (RRP $14.95 AUD for 200ml; received 50ml sample)


This apparently contains indulgent and aromatic coffee extracts and coconut shell, and it should effectively polish and stimulate the skin's surface. Aloe vera, coconut oil and jojoba oil provide lasting hydration that will soften the skin's appearance for a smooth complexion, and rosehip and vitamin e provide antioxidants and nutrients for a healthy glow.

You know how sometimes you realise you don't have any of a particular item and so you buy a couple, only to receive a flood of the same item in subscription boxes? That happened to me with body scrubs. I had none so I bought two, and since then I've received three of them - so I probably won't be testing this one any time soon! Still, I'll use it.

Alpha-H Instant Facial (RRP $62 AUD for 100ml; received 30ml sample)

This is a resurfacing and hydrating solution that reinvigorates the complexion with glycolic acid and cypress, thyme, barley and arnica. It should refine pore size, reduce wrinkles and mattify the t-zone to leave the skin fresher, smoother, firmer and more radiant.

While I love Alpha-H products, this one's not effective enough for me and I don't love it. I've reviewed it here. It's not that it's a bad product, it's just that I've used better from Alpha-H.


John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonde In Shower Lightening Treatment (RRP $17.99 AUD for 34ml; received full size)

This should instantly soften dark roots and lighten blonde tones for natural, shimmering colour from root to tip.

I'm surprised that Marie Claire has included something like this: it automatically wipes out a good chunk of subscribers because many of us won't be able to use it - or won't want to. My hair is dark brown so I suspect this wouldn't do anything for me. I've no interest in seeing whether it does, so I'll be sending it to a better home.

Skin Republic Brightening Vitamin C Face Mask (RRP $7.99 AUD for one 25ml mask)

This is infused with brightening and radiance-enhancing vitamin c and e, and seven plant extracts that gently reduce the appearance of freckles, age spots and imperfections for an even skintone. It revitalises and brightens the skin while supplying hydrating nutrients to reveal a radiant, bright and luminous complexion.

Yet another sheet mask. 'Nuff said.

In sum

Obviously I'm not thrilled by this box and it's easily the worst we've received from the Ageless Parcel thus far. I don't think it's a terrible box, but I'm not excited about anything in here.

The RRP total of the contents is around $110 so it's not as good-value as the last box - particularly if like me you're not going to use everything.

Here's to hoping that Marie Claire can bring us something a little more exciting next time.

Let me know what you think of this box - I'll be interested to hear how it's received.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.