Project Pan 2016 update #11

/
0 Comments

Let's kick off this update by saying that I've finished off two more of my Project Pan products in the last few days. 

The first is the above Davroe hair treatment, which I had to use as a pre-wash mask because it just didn't work for me, and the second is the last of three Nars foundation samples, which I was starting to think I'd never get through. Thank god for that!

This means I've finished off ten products in November, which from memory makes it my best Project Pan month of all time. Huzzah! I often find that products do start dropping off more quickly towards the end of the year, and that's generally because you pick things that you think you can finish by then (or at least I do).

Anyhoo. Here they are:


 And here's what my list looks like, as of today:
  • Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation in #34 Beige Medium
  • Revlon Photoready BB Cream in Medium
  • Bodyography Oxyplex Loose Powder Foundations in Wheat and Cocoa Tan
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector
  • Bodyography Skin Perfecter Concealer in #430
  • Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminser
  • Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Honeymoon Honey
  • Vivito Illust Secret Blusher in PK02 About Pink
  • Adorn Mineral Matte Eyeshadow in Citrine Orange
  • Lust Have It Sunset Strobe Natural Highlighter
  • Savvy Soft Glide Eyeliner in Glitzy Gold
  • Bodyography Lip Gloss in Pucker Up
  • Bodyography Lipstick in Smooch
  • TRESemme Youth Boost Fullness Emulsion Spray
  • RCK Red Carpet Kolour Body Glow in Medium
  • Mine Tan Exotic European Onyx Foam, Super Dark Violet Base 1 Hour Express Tan
  • Estee Lauder Sensuous EDP
  • Nars foundation samples (three of three down)
  • Stila Stay all Day 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm
  • Evelyn Iona Natural and Organic Concealer in Flawless
  • Davroe Replenish Jojoba Créme Treatment
  • Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask 
  • Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Mask
  • clariSEA Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant
  • Sportsgirl Lipstick in Enchanted
  • Sportsgirl Lipstick in Beauty Queen
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Macadamia Créme Wax Highlighter

That's seventeen products in total, so it's a little more than I'd like but I plan to narrow it down by Project Pan 2017.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


First up, my non-makeup items. The RCK glowy body lotion has just been moved into circulation so you'll only see one marker on that (see photo below) and I'm hoping I can finish it by Christmas. I don't like it on its own but it's fine when mixed with another body cream to make that last longer.

The Tresemme leave-in hair product is one that's been on my list for a while and I only use it after washing, and I wash my hair twice weekly max so it's slow-going but I don't mind that because I like the product.

There are my markers:


I can't believe that Estee Lauder perfume is still going! I honestly thought I'd easily be through it in November but it's hanging on 'till the very end. Fingers crossed I can knock it off within the next week or so because I'm keen to reduce my list as much as possible before 2017.

As for the Mine Tan tanning mousse, I'm regretting including it now because it's so hard for me to find time to use it. With a toddler and a newborn, finding a moment to apply it a few hours before my husband gets home (when I can finally have my shower) isn't easy. Indeed, I mightn't be able to start using it more often until he's on leave.


Next up, my base products. You'll see below that the Revlon BB cream has a nice dent in it now, and it's just possible that I'll finish it in December. I'm using it mixed in with my daily sunscreen, just to make the latter last longer because the Revlon product isn't a great base on me but it does have a decent SPF.

Those Bodyography powders are going to last out next year at least (see markers below), but I'm determined to finish them because they're such great products. I've had them for a couple of years now so it's time to get moving. I use them daily to set my makeup, but I only use a tiny bit because my skin is dry so I need to go easy on the powders.


As for my Marc Jacobs foundation, I'm really enjoying panning this one because it's a great product and one that gives a beautiful finish. Normally I don't like using the same base product every day but I've been happy to do so with this and I may well finish it before 2017. We'll see.


That Bodyography concealer is in for the long haul (see progress below). It's a good product but gosh there's so much of it, and it's so concentrated that you only need enough to cover a pin-head each time. I'm getting through it by adding a drop to my foundation, just to reduce how peach that is (this concealer is very yellow)

My Lust Have It highlighter is getting some good use on the body now that the weather's warmer and my shoulders and collarbones are out, and I plan to finish it this month by crushing up what's left and adding it to a body lotion. I'm keen to move in another powder highlighter for next year so I'll do what I have to in order to finish this one.


The Josie Maran highlighter is a newer inclusion so there's only one marker, and I'm hoping to get through it by the end of the year because I really don't like it.

I'm using it mixed in with my moisturiser because it's too metallic to use any other way (at least I find it so), and I also reckon it's not the easiest product to work with because it sets quickly and doesn't blend as easily as other liquid highlighters.


Lips and eyes next. The Savvy eyeliner makes a great inner corner and lashline highlight, plus I've occasionally been using it on the lips because I'm loving the gold lip trend. Rather than buy a gold lipstick, why not use this? It will take me some time to finish it (see progress below), but I'm enjoying the product so that doesn't matter.

The Bodyography gloss is taking me a while and I haven't marked it because I can't tell how much is left without taking the stopper out each month and then putting it back in, so I'll just give you estimates because I'm lazy ; ). I reckon there's about a quarter left and I'm looking forward to finishing it so I can move on to something else.


There's my progress on the Savvy eyeliner and Bodyography lipstick above. 

I like both the Bodyography lipstick and gloss but I'm going to focus on them more throughout December because I'd like to bring in some new lip products in 2017. Lip products I find easy to finish because my lips are so dry that I need to keep reapplying them, so I'm confident that I can finish at least one, if not both, by year's end.


Last up, my pots. If you'd like to see progress on the older ones, see my last update here, but the Vivito and Adorn products are new inclusions so you'll only be able to track them from now on.

The Vivito blush is too pale for me and I don't love pink on my colouring, so I'm mixing it with my setting powder to make that last longer. It's in for the long haul so expect to see it still on my list well into next year.

The Adorn blush will also be around for ages. There's only about a quarter left in the tub because I've pressed the rest into a pan, but I don't want to use it every day (blush is my favourite and I like mixing things up), so I'm happy to use it a couple of times a week only until it's gone.


The Josie Maran blush I'm actually using on my lips as a stain because I'm sick of using it as a blush. It's a gorgeous colour and I do love the formula, but I've over-used it of late and I'd prefer to use it as a lip tint only. Once it's done, I'll be moving my only other non-powder blush into circulation because I don't want either to go off before I've finished them.

The Becca under eye corrector continues to show good progress, but you only need a little each time so this will likely last out most of next year. That's fine because I enjoy the product, but I would like to finish it eventually so I can justify buying another corrector (I'd quite like to try Becca's papaya one).

In sum

Thank golly I got through that update! It's been one of those mornings here where one of the kids has always needed something, so it's taken me longer than usual to write this. But I got there in the end so I hope you've enjoyed seeing where my products are at for this month.

Looking forward to bringing you my Project Pan 2016 finale post next month! Hopefully I can knock off another few items before then.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.