Project Dent 2016 update: Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed

/
0 Comments

It was on the 18th of December last year that I introduced this bronzer to my Project Dent 2016 series and it's only now, at the beginning of February 2017, that I'm finally seeing a dent.

So do excuse that I'm rounding off this Project Dent 2016 post well into the new year, but that's just how the cookie crumbled and I couldn't get to it any earlier than that - in part because life got in the way (as it so often does) and in part because I hadn't seen enough progress to update you anyway.

But happily I have now!


There's a shot of the bronzer in direct sunlight, as it was on 18 December 2016:


You may or may not be able to tell that I've slightly down worn the pattern on top. I'd owned this bronzer (and the Sun-kissed version) ever since they were released in Australia, but it took me a while to open and use them because I wanted to finish off some other products first.

There's a natural light (outdoors) shot of the bronzer, as of 18 December:


And here it is as of today, 2 February 2017:


Please note that I've enhanced the above shot by upping the clarity, which has changed the colour slightly (so rely on the two shots before it for colour).

You should be able to notice two things: first, that the bronzer definitely has a dip happening in the middle; and second, that there's some damage to the powder on the side closest to us. This happened when I slid a pin down the side to see if this was a product I could easily depot and place in a Z-palette, and unfortunately the powder cracked as soon as I stuck the pin between pan and packaging so it's obviously not one that wants to come out (I tried shifting it but it's so well-glued that I gave up immediately).

There it is again:


Now I didn't use this bronzer every day between 18 December and 2 February - indeed, I probably only used it about twenty times in total - so the fact that we're seeing a slight dent tells me that this may well be a good product for Project Pan because I don't think it will take forever to finish.

It's useful for me to know this because my panning goals this year include finishing one bronzer completely (I'm working on my Bahama Mama bronzer from theBalm as we speak) and hitting pan on another, so this may well wind up in Project Pan later this year so I can pan it by Christmas and perhaps knock it out next year.

Do stay tuned for my full review of the product, but if you'd like my thoughts now: it's a beautifully soft and smooth bronzer that applies well and it's finely milled so it's a dream to blend. I probably wouldn't repurchase it because the colour isn't unique, but it's a good colour on me that's not too warm but warm enough to look right on my medium skintone.

As a final note, I will do a Project Dent 2016 wrap-up post either today or tomorrow, just to round-off the series and to go through each product I dented and show you the photos again of the progress I made, just in case you missed my earlier posts.

I will also do Project Dent again this year but it may take me a couple of weeks to get that happening because February is shaping up to be a busy month.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.