Elizabeth Arden Boost & Protect Kit - unboxing

/
0 Comments

Hullo all! Today I have a little unboxing for you: it's an Elizabeth Arden kit that I picked up during one of Adore Beauty's clearance sales. 

From memory the kit was discounted to $59.50 and I had a $10 discount code, so I was happy to buy it for just shy of $50 because I'd had my eye on the booster for a while and the full size of that costs $85 AUD alone.

Why did I have my eye on the booster? Because I'd received a 5ml sample via a sub box and it was instant love for me (I've reviewed it here). Indeed, as I mention in that review - I would have given the product an HG tag but I wanted to wait until I'd used a full bottle before doing so. Nevertheless I felt 'comfortable' in reviewing the sample because it lasted almost a month and I could see and feel the difference it made so it was definitely worth talking about.

So, since I've recently finished off some skincare I've been using, it's time to introduce this little set and see how I like it. I'll be able to do a separate review of the moisturiser (centre product, below) but perhaps not the serum (below right) because there mightn't be enough product to warrant a full post on that. We shall see.


The set contains:
  • Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster (30ml)
  • Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging Moisture Lotion with Sunscreens (15ml)
  • Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum (5ml)

I bought the kit primarily for the booster because I already knew I loved it, and I'm pleased I waited for sales since I ended up getting the kit for around half the price I might have paid for the booster alone - plus I received a couple of decent-sized samples to boot. It does indeed pay to wait!

What I'll do now is introduce each item in the kit, and after that I'll do a round-up post to let you know how I find it overall. It's not currently available on Adore Beauty anymore but it's still available from other online retailers if you're interested, and you can of course buy each individual product separately so hopefully my comments will be helpful to someone.


Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster (RRP $85 AUD for 30ml; received full size)

This product apparently helps restore the healthy look of the skin's surface layer, fortifying its natural ability to repair and renew itself. Botanical grasswort extract supports the skin's natural moisturisation levels, while sea fennel and flawxseed extract reinforce the integrity of your skin's natural barrier. 

Boosters are designed to be used before your serum and moisturiser, and when I first heard about them I immediately thought that as consumers we were being 'sucked in' to believing that we 'needed' an extra step in our routines. I mean, come on - double cleansing, toners, serums, moisturisers, masks, overnight creams, then there's different stuff for the eyes and neck... It starts to feel a bit ridiculous after a while.

Having said this, I absolutely loved this product when I first used it and believed it made a difference to my skin, so I can't wait to use it again.


Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging Moisture Lotion with Sunscreens (RRP $175 AUD for 50ml; received 15ml)

This one's described as an antioxidant-rich lotion that should keep your skin protected from harmful sun and environmental pollutants. 

The formula aims to help your skin stay hydrated and supple while reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and discolouration. It also contains sunscreen, which is listed at SPF 30+ in the US but not listed as such in Australia because our standards are different (so eg here it might be around an SPF 20).

Given the price of this product, a 15ml sample is nothing to be sneezed at. I haven't tried much skincare from Elizabeth Arden so I'll be interested to see how this goes. Let's hope it's good but not too good because I don't have a lazy $200 to spend on a day cream ; )


Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum (RRP $265 for 30 ml; receieved 5ml sample)

This serum apparently uses advanced technology with the most powerful antioxidants available to improve the appearance of fine lines and the visible signs of aging. It lifts and firms the skin, makes it appear more radiant and addresses concerns such as sun damage, scars, wrinkles and age spots.

You guys know that I love a good serum so I'm looking forward to trying this one, although the sample amount may not be big enough for a full review. We'll see.

I personally wouldn't spend $265 on a serum and I  don't think that you need to, but I also think that serums are perhaps the most important part of your skincare routine (along with cleansers), so I'm more likely to throw money at my serum than I am eg my moisturiser. Let's hope this one's good. It ought to be for this price!

In sum

I'm really looking forward to busting out the Superstart Booster because my skin does need a boost these days and I've been waiting to buy (and then open) the product for so long that using it again feels long overdue!

I'm also glad that I'll be able to try out some other products from Elizabeth Arden over the next little while because I haven't tried much from the brand and I'll be interested to see if anything else from its line works for me.

Hope all's well with you guys, and speak soon x



You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.