Project Pan 2017: February update

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my February Project Pan update! 

I'm sorry that it's late: we were finally able to buy me a new computer so I've been a bit behind while I've set that up and started adjusting to it, plus life's been so busy for the past month or so that I've been lucky to write at all. Fingers crossed that March proves to be quieter.

Anyhoo. February wasn't my best Project Pan month because I only finished three products in total and I've had to kick out a fourth because it stopped agreeing with me.

So I've already posted on the Josie Maran blush that I finished earlier in the month, but I've now also finished/removed the three products you can see above and below.


I've already mentioned that the Reverie hair product just didn't work for me, so I'm glad it's gone: you can see the markers above showing where I was when I started using it and at the end of January.

The Mirenesse highlighter all but crumbled into dust at the end, so please don't think this is how long it normally takes to finish a highlighter - it's most definitely not! 

As you may know, I've been using it since Project Pan 2016 so it's been in rotation for a while. To start with I was using it on the shoulders/collarbones/down the shins, but eventually I had to just use it mixed in with my body cream because it had crumbled so much that it was almost impossible (and messy) to use and I wasn't going to re-press it: I would rather move another highlighter into rotation.

As for the rest of my list:


Above you can see:
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Liquid Foundation 2N-BP
  • Bodyography Oxyplex Foundations in Wheat and Cocoa Tan
  • Bodyography Concealer in #430
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Light
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz
  • 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial Shadow + Base in Spiced Rum
  • Vivito Illust Secret Blusher in PK02 About Pink
  • Inika Certified Organic Eyeliner Pencil in Black Caviar
  • Davroe Smooth Senses Straightening Balm
  • Kerastase Elixir Ultime Hair Oil
  • Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask
  • Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Mask
  • St Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse
  • Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelee in Honeymoon Honey
  • Reverie Milk Leave-in Anti-frizz Treatment
  • Mirenesse Mineral Marble Blush in Marenka Mink
  • Essential Apothecary Bright Toothpaste

That's fourteen products I now have left in total, so I've added in a few more at the end of this post.

If you would like to see my January update to check the progress of the products I'm unable to mark, see here.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


Let's start with base makeup. Becca Topaz is getting mixed in with either my primer or my sunscreen to give me a bronze glow that sits beautifully under makeup and just adds that something extra without being too much. You'll see on the marker below that I've made some progress but the product is definitely in for the long haul. I'll be happy if I've finished it by the end of the year.

My Gorgeous Cosmetics foundation is slow going because I'm mixing it with the two concealers (discussed below) to get a shade that works for my skin. It's a beautiful foundation but it was super hard to find a colour-match so I wouldn't recommend purchasing it online like I did. Unfortunately I can't mark it or open the bottle to see where I am, so let's say I'm about one-third of the way through.


My two concealers from Maybelline and Bodyography are suddenly looking much smaller: this is because I've mixed equal parts of each in a tub with the foundation to get my colour match, then I've thinned the mixture out with a dollop of sunscreen. The amount in the tub lasts a few weeks and I then replenish it when I've finished the mix completely.

Since I'm almost ready to replenish my mixture again, expect to see some concealer empties very soon! After that, the problem will be how to finish off the foundation without the need to buy another product (eg lightening drops). I may be able to do it but if not, looks like I'll be heading into Priceline the next time Australis is on sale.


Next up, my powders. My Bodyography powder foundations are taking ages: there's 27g total in each tub and I don't use a lot of powder because I have dry skin, so these will likely last out the year. 

Once I get through the next couple of months, however, the markers (see below) will start to move faster because I'll have moved past the thick section at the middle of the tubs and it will be easier to see progress. This has started to happen a bit with Cocoa Tan (the darker one) and I really can't wait to watch those markers drop more significantly each month!


The big news in this lot is that I've hit decent pan on the Vivito blush: from memory I first hit pan last month but you can see how much I've expanded it. Yay! 

Blushes take ages to pan but I'm using this mixed in with my setting powder because it's so finely milled and silky that I want to use it, but it's too pale as a blush on me and it doesn't make my skin pink when mixed with a translucent powder. I'm hoping I'll have this done by June.


Now for skincare and haircare. The Davroe product hasn't been used once since my last update because I've been focusing on the other two products. 

After finishing the Reverie treatment, I'll now be able to use the Davroe one instead. It's a huge tube but I've been panning it 'behind the scenes' since last year - so you should be able to see the pen mark at the top (where the product began), and how far I've come since then. I use it as a pre-wash treatment on my daughter's and my own hair before we go swimming, and occasionally I use it on the ends of both our hair before the shower/bath.

As for the Kerastase oil: I'm using that as a pre-wash treatment but only on the ends of my hair because I struggle to wash it out if I use it near the scalp. I've made some good progress and I'm hoping to finish it by the end of April.


As for the Peter Thomas Roth masks, you should be able to tell that I'm about halfway through each 50g tub - and I'm enjoying both now that I'm using my Argo Naturals Pure Thanaka Powder (reviewed here) mixed in with the black mask, which makes it work better for my skin. 

I do really enjoy the gold mask because it is hydrating and I like the feel of it on my skin, but as soon as I tried the Chantecialle Jasmine Lily Healing Mask (reviewed here), I knew that was my HG hydrating face mask and this one wasn't. While it's still a fantastic product, I can't wait to finish it so I can finally open the Chantecaille one!


Next up, a few miscellaneous items that have all been in my collection for a while. 

The 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial is something I use almost every day. Occasionally I'll switch in the only other cream/liquid eyeshadow I own, but I want to get as much use from this before the texture becomes thicker (as it did with the last one), which will tell me it's time to say goodbye. I expect that will happen before the end of the year. 

My Inika eyeliner has moved at the same pace this month and will likely continue to do so until I finally finish it. I only ever use it on my upper waterline and don't plan to change that, although I'll look forward to getting about halfway through the product - at which point I'll open up the only back-up eyeliner I have (a brown one, and I prefer dark brown anyway).


I don't think you can tell in the above shot, but I've finally hit 'pan' on my Becca corrector. I'm super happy about this - I'd begun to think I'd never finish it! What's good about this is that I promised myself I would 'allow' myself to buy another corrector after I'd hit pan on this one. I've just done that, so I may well open the new one soon because it's another one from Becca and I'd like to compare the two while I still have both.

As for my St Tropez Tanning Mousse, I've finally cracked this one open and used it a few times, so I should be able to get through it in March if I really set my mind to it. I also need to review this product so stay tuned for that. 

Now for my replacements:


Yep, you guessed it: lip products. I promised myself I wouldn't include any lip items until I'd finally finished the Josie Maran blush (which I was using mainly as a lip tint). Then, once I've knocked out two of these, I plan to bring in my only other non-powder blush: a Stila one that I'd like to finish this year if there's time.

My new inclusions are:
  • Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Tanielle Desert Rose (reviewed here)
  • Bodyography Lipstick in Seductress (reviewed here)
  • Chantecaille Lip Chic in Anais (review forthcoming)


I'm a silly sausage because I'd meant to show you via photos how much of each product I had left, but you'll have to settle for markers because baby brain prevented me from remembering to do that (and I was rushing to sneak in a few photos while both kids were asleep, since that so rarely happens!). 

What I've done above is 'assumed' that the bottom of the Chantecaille bullet is where the lid meets the rest of the bullet. Since this is the only high-end lipstick I own, I do plan to scrape every last drop from the tube because I used a $50 giftcard on it and it's the most expensive lipstick I've ever owned.

I may not do the same thing for the other two products, even though I do like the formula of each: I may just decide at that point to move on to something else, rather than scraping the last bits out.


Why did I pick these three? I need to get through lipsticks this year and these are the oldest three I own - and fortunately they're not super old so the Chantecaille one has been open for around one year and the other two about 1.5 years.

I also wanted to pick three 'easy' things because I find lip products are the ones I get through the fastest, and it's been such a slow start to my panning year that I wanted to speed things up a bit.


How long will these three lipsticks last? I wouldn't be surprised if I were able to pan the SS one by the end of the month. What you can't see is that what's left of the product is a little thin because it melted a bit during one of our heatwaves this year, so I was using product from the edges as well as the tip of the bullet. 

The same applies to the Bodyography product (ie, the thinner-than-usual bullet), but I will likely only be applying that one at night because the colour doesn't suit me (I bought it online and the available photos of the product were quite different from what arrived: I'd expected dark purple and got a deep burgundy). This will probably last until the end of April.

As for the Chantecaille product, I'm in no hurry to finish it but I do want to get through it by the end of the year so I'll make it my 'need to feel special' lipstick for days when I need a lift, and also for special occasions.

In sum

Phew! I can't believe I made it to the end of this post! Such a rush as always to sneak in bundles of photos of different products, delete the fuzzy/bad ones and edit/re-edit the ones worth keeping, plus the words themselves. None of this is easy with two young kids under my care who need my constant attention.

But we got there in the end, and only a week late so I can live with it ; )

Fingers crossed for me that I can knock off a few products during March so it's a better month overall than February has been. 

Hope all's well with you guys, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.