Goodness Grab & Go Try-me Kit - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

A good friend gave me this little skincare kit last year and I've been saving it for a rainy day - basically any time I get tired of using the same products - and since that time came last week, I decided to crack it open.

I must say, I'm enjoying it. I'm not a huge fan of the scrub (which I've tried before) but I do like the other products and I'm obsessed with the oil. 

One bad product, three good ones and an excellent one maketh a good kit!

What I'll do now is unbox the set so you can see what's in it, then later on I'll come back and update this post with mini reviews of everything. I may also write individual reviews of the products, so stay tuned for those if you're interested in any particular item.


In this set you get the following Goodness products:
  • Every Day Cream Cleanser (20ml)
  • Every Week Face Scrub (10ml)
  • Certified Organic Chia Seed Oil (5ml)
  • Every Morning Moisturiser (20ml)
  • Every Evening Cream (25ml)

The bundle retails for $24.95 AUD and I'm sure you could find it on special at one of the big chemists if you shopped around.


I do really like Goodness packaging. It's simple but still striking and it fits in with the brand's overall 'feel'. It's a brand that focuses on natural, fuss-free skincare and the products don't contain any nasties, nor does the brand test on animals etc.

In some ways Goodness reminds me of The Ordinary, although I haven't tried any products from The Ordinary yet so I can't say how they compare. What I can say is that I've been using these products for over a week now and, as mentioned above, the only one I don't like is the scrub - so my first impression of this kit as a whole is that it's definitely worth trying it if you're interested in Goodness' products.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


Goodness Every Week Face Scrub (RRP $12.95 AUD for 50ml)

This contains powdered pumice, chia seed, and avocado and coconut oils. It's designed to provide a scratch-free exfoliation.

While I'm all for gentle exfoliants, this one doesn't contain enough scrubby matter to actually do anything. It's not that the grains are too gentle for me (although I suppose they are a bit), it's just that they're so sparse, I can only ever feel a few per application. Not enough. I've reviewed this product here.

So I wouldn't recommend this particular product but one bad product in a five-piece kit is ok.


Goodness Every Day Cream Cleanser (RRP $16.95 AUD for 150ml)

This claims to leave your skin spick, span, soft and smooth, plus it claims to remove makeup (which I reckon it doesn't do very well). It contains apple extract, chia seed, and avocado and coconut oils. 

Despite the issues this product has with makeup-removal, I do really enjoy it as a morning cleanser and I've been using it in place of my Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel. Worth mentioning now is that I much prefer this to the Nivea cream cleanser I recently tried (reviewed here), but I'll go into more detail about all that later on.


Goodness Every Evening Cream (RRP  $19.95 AUD for 60ml)

This contains honeysuckle flower extract, chia seed, and avocado and coconut oils. It aims to provide all the nourishment and hydration your skin needs while you rest.

Having used it, I can confirm that it's a good night cream for those with dry skin because it's super rich and quite heavy, but it mightn't be for everyone because I know that many people (especially those with oily skin) don't like their creams to be this full-on. 

Indeed, I've opted to use this as an overnight cream because it's so rich that I'm not sure anything I apply over the top would actually penetrate through it.


Goodness Every Morning Moisturiser (RRP $16.95 AUD for 75ml)

This contains bilberry and hibiscus extracts, chia seed, and avocado and coconut oils. It aims to leave your skin feeling nourished, fit and healthy.

This is lighter than the evening cream (which you'd expect), so it's a better pick for those who don't like a super heavy moisturiser. What I've enjoyed so far about this is that it's hydrating enough for my dry skin, but it also doesn't coat my face or interfere with my makeup so it's perfect for day-use.


Goodness Certified Organic Chia Seed Oil (RRP $19.95 AUD for 20ml)

This is apparently a superfood oil for your face that's super silky and absorbs easily, plus it should nourish the skin, hydrate and also give anti-inflammatory support.

To me, this product is the star of the kit and I would absolutely buy it, which is saying a lot since I don't often repurchase skincare items - partly because I like trying new things but also because I like to try as many things as possible so I can help others pick the best of the best.

I'm looking forward to using this more so I can firm-up my opinion, but it's safe to say that I loved this from the first use and I'll never say no to an inexpensive facial oil that works.

In sum

This is a great little kit and I'll be back soon with mini reviews of everything in here, plus perhaps some individual reviews of the items separately - just for completeness.

Do let me know if you've tested any good skincare lately: I'm always up for suggestions!

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.