Mecca Beauty Loop Box, Level 3, Autumn 2017: unboxing

/
0 Comments

Hi all. My apologies that I wasn't able to get a post up yesterday: I mentioned in an earlier post that I've put my back out, so I spent as much time as possible lying down yesterday - which was about 2.5 seconds in total of course, since I do have a six-month-old baby and a toddler to boot.

Anyway, I'm just mentioning the back issue again because there'll be a hold up with some of my posts while things calm down, since taking photos is taxing on my back and I need to be careful.

I was however able to sneak in a few shots yesterday while Mum was here helping out with the kids, so excuse me if they're a bit rushed - but I figured no one would mind too much when it comes to little unboxing posts : )


So! Here's what I received:

  • Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 15ml (I love this product; I've reviewed it here)
  • Byredo Super Cedar EDP 2ml
  • Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter 5ml
  • Nars Pore & Shine Control Primer 2ml

I must say, I was pretty sad when my online order arrived and I discovered I'd received this version of the L3 box: the other version contained a Nars eye primer (I need an eye primer!) and also an Urban Decay face primer that's better suited to my dry skin than the above Nars one is (I don't need shine control - I need all the shine I can get!).

I don't mean to sound ungrateful of course - but like many, I do so look forward to these boxes and I'd seen photos of the other L3 box online so I'd hoped against hope that I would receive that one.

Moving on.


A quick comment on each product:

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Again, I've reviewed this here. It's amazing, and in my experience it does everything it claims to do and it absolutely does leave my skin radiant and renewed. Good news is, I've recently finished off my full-size of the product so it's nice that I can delay my repurchase!

Byredo Super Cedar EDP

This is described as a unisex woody fragrance, with notes of rose petals and cedarwood. 

I've tested it and it doesn't smell great on me, but I will use the sample and report back with more comments in one of my sachet posts.

Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter 

This is described as a super hydrating product, and anything that has 'oil' and 'butter' in the title gets me pretty excited because my skin needs all the grease it can get!

I haven't tried it yet, but I'll include it in one of my minis posts and let you know how I go.

Nars Pore & Shine Control Primer 

This is apparently a 'must have' for shine-prone complexions: it's lightweight and mattifying, while also targeting open pores.

Yes pores are an issue for me, but I run from anything that controls shine and mattifies. Indeed, I run fast. Well, as fast as I can. Running ain't easy with a double pram.

I suspect it won't work for me, but I'll give it a crack and let you know how I go.

In sum

Again, apologies for the rushed post: both kids are asleep and I wanted to sneak this in while the going's good!

I'm definitely looking forward to trying the Josie Maran product and I'm super happy to receive my HG Ren mask - but I won't lie, I am disappointed that I didn't receive the other L3 box.

Do let me know in the comments what you received in your Beauty Loop box and what you think of your goodies. I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.