Project Dent 2017: Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my next round of Project Dent!

If you've been with me for a while, you may remember that I have in fact already dented this product: my Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed.

While I would normally pick something I haven't yet dented for this project, I've decided to go with this for two reasons: first, I didn't review it last time so I need to make sure I do so this time; and second, I promised myself I would finish one bronzer this year and hit pan on another. Since I've already finished one via Pan that Palette 2017, it's time to get some pan happening!


So, I did in fact buy both of these Urban Decay bronzers because I was obsessed with the packaging and I thought this one would work well on my colouring for bronzing, while the other one (in Sun-kissed) would make a beautiful blush.

I'm happy to say that they both work well for those purposes, and I actually prefer Sun-kissed because it's my perfect nude blush and I have nothing else like it. This one in Bronzed, however, isn't particularly 'special' so I don't mind getting through it: yes it's a nice formula and the colour suits me, but it's not a unique shade and there's not a spot for it in my permanent collection. So expect to see it show up in Project Pan 2018.


Anyhoo. If you would like to see how my bronzer looked at the start and end of the denting period last time, my update post is here.

In that post you will also see photographs of this product in natural light and direct sunlight. I'm mentioning this because I tend to enhance the photos in these Project Dent posts so you can better-see progress, but the photos in that update post include shots of this bronzer that haven't been touched (other than cropped).


So, I'll include a few shots from different angles so we can see what the bronzer looks like as of today, 23 May 2017.

Under artificial lighting:


Same shot, enhanced: 


 Bird's eye (enhanced): 


From the side (enhanced):  


As you can see, there's a slight dip happening in the centre and I don't think I'm that far away from seeing rings. Mind you, there's still lots of work to be done before I get anywhere near pan, which is why I'll be working on the bronzer from a few angles: first, I'll use it for bronzing my face; second, I'll use it for bronzing my neck and upper chest; and third, I'll use it daily on the eyes.

I mention using it for both neck and chest because I often have a 'top half, bottom half' thing going with my bronzers - I use whatever I want on my face and I'm mixing a few powders from my Pan that Palette challenge to get a similar colour for my neck and body. So for the next while, I'll only use this product.

My aim for this round of Project Dent is to keep going until I hit pan. Even if it's a tiny fleck of pan, I'll call that done and then put this bronzer away to be panned completely at a later date.

If this ends up taking a while, I'll introduce another 'dent' product in a few weeks but will keep going with this until I hit my goal.

That's all from me! Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.