Pan that Palette 2017: June update (Nars, Stila etc)

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my Pan that Palette update for June! 

Please note that I have in fact stolen the opening shot above from May's update because I don't have time today to set up my stuff and take some fresh ones, but of course the shots of my products below are new (I took those this morning) and they're the ones that really matter anyway. Forgive me : )

Also note that I'll be keeping this brief because I'm currently waiting on some more work to come in and when that does, I'll have to drop everything to do it so best I keep things speedy.

So! Here's what my palette looked like at the end of May:


And here's how it looks as of this morning, 1 July (and note I haven't put my makeup on yet, so this is how it looked as of yesterday, 30 June):


As always, let's look at each half.

First, the left. Here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it looks now:


Starting with the eight Stila pans, there's not much movement although there should be more progress on Gilded Gold and Sunset (from Stila's in the Light palette) because I've used those two quite a bit this month. Maybe we'll start to see progress in July.

As for the three Nars pans (left side), there's definitely good progress here. The purple shade (from Charade) cracked this month for some reason, so I retained the bit that fell out and used it up on both the cheeks and the eyes. It looks rather flat/dead on the cheeks, but a single swipe of one of my Hourglass blushes over the top fixes that issue.

As for Portobello (the duo below it), you should be able to see good progress on both pans. This is because I've been using it for bronzing by combining it with the crumbled terracotta shade in the next row. Indeed, I like the mix so much for bronzing (the terracotta stops the browns from looking too neutral/cool), that I may eventually throw all three shades into one pan. Perhaps next month.

Next row, the two GA-DE pans on the top and bottom are showing some good use - the aforementioned terracotta shade in particular (and yes, I'll re-press it after this post). I haven't used the one in the middle too much, but I have used the one below it on the eyes a few times and there's a tiny speck of pan now showing (so tiny that you can barely see it: it's in the middle of the pan).

As for the cream Becca shade, that's got a huge dip. I'm using this to set my eye primer and also to manage any oil breakthrough around my nose and on my chin throughout the day. I can't see this lasting more than another three months.

Right side now. Here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it looks now:


You'll see that I've happily panned the two shades I wanted to finish: the Lancome purple shade and also the Manna Kadar highlighter. Woot woot!

The round Becca and Ardency Inn pans down the bottom aren't showing much use, and indeed I haven't used them much at all - although there's a visible dip happening in Rose Gold (right).

The two Stila pans (middle right) are also showing good progress and I've now hit pan on Sandstone. The grey is rubbish so I've resorted to using it as a dry shampoo, but Sandstone is a decent shade that I often use for lining or to darken up my brows.

The So Susan lavender shade: this is showing good progress, which doesn't surprise me because it's already been re-pressed (and it was powdery to start with) and what's left in the middle isn't that deep. I love this colour (but not the formula) so I can't see any issues with finishing this by year's end.

The GA-DE pan below it is now showing pan. This was one of the shades I mixed (along with the aforementioned terracotta shade) because I didn't like the formula/look of the existing shadows. It's not a pigmented shade but it works well for adding some depth to the outer v and crease.

The pan I mixed (the large brown one) for my brows and liner is also showing good progress. I'll finish this by year's end without issue.

As for my Stila contour duo, here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it looks now: 


I'm never going to finish this. I might finish the pale shade by the end of the year, but that darker one isn't going anywhere.

Come to think of it, what I might eventually start doing is mixing a little in with my moisturiser to add a bronze glow (I was previously using Becca's Topaz for this via Project Pan). I won't do that just yet because I'm now using a different product for that, but if we hit October and I'm still getting nowhere, that's what I'll do. Reason being, I don't think this will be safe to use after this year: by then it will have been open for 24 months and it has a 24-month shelf-life, and I don't love it enough to keep using it after expiry.

Now, I wanted to bring you in on my plans for my eyeshadow palette. Since I've finished the Manna Kadar highlighter and I don't have a suitable face highlighter in my Z-palette, what I'm going to do is crush up the remains of my below Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm and add it into my palette. Since there's not enough room in the Manna Kadar pan for all the product, I'll transfer my brown mix (in the large pan) to the smaller one because there's less of that and I'll need to re-press it eventually anyway.


In sum

I hope you enjoyed this little post, and that you're going well with your own panning challenges. It's getting to that point in the year where I'm a bit over my palette, but I think that finishing off some shades and starting to focus on other ones will help the boredom.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.