Project Dent 2017 update: Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed

/
0 Comments

Almost three weeks ago now, I introduced this bronzer to Project Dent for the second time (see intro post here). 

I did this because I wanted to make some good progress on it and also hit pan - even the tiniest speck - so I could then set this product aside for Project Pan 2018.

I've since hit my goal so it's time to update you on my progress.


Please note that I've just reviewed this product (see here), which was also something I wanted to do in this round of Project Dent, so I'm glad I've finally done it. We can now cross that review off the list!

Anyhoo. Let's see how far I got with this bronzer in this round of Project Dent.

Here's how it looked three weeks ago, under artificial light:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


And here's how it looks now, after three weeks of daily use:


Same shot, enhanced: 


What you'll notice is that I've worked on the side of the product to hit pan, rather than the middle. This is because I tried depotting it again (as if I didn't learn my lesson the first time ; )), and a chunk of bronzer came loose, meaning that edge became the deepest part of the pan - so I focused my brush there when it came to using this on the eyes.

I used the chunk that flew out by crushing it up and applying it as bronzer, then I focused my bronzer brush in the centre of the pan, which is why we're starting to see rings - in addition to the mini pan on the edge.

Even though I've panned lots of powders over the years, I sometimes forget how long it can take. That edge where the powder was damaged got me over halfway to the pan, but it still took three weeks of daily use to get my eyeshadow brush down to metal - and this powder isn't pigmented. If it was, I'd still be going. Panning isn't easy, make no mistake.

Here's another shot of the bronzer, as it was three weeks ago:


And here's how it looks now: 


There's a definite dip in the middle now, which makes me happy.

Other side:


In sum

I'm glad to be sending this bronzer off, I must say. I know that some people are happy to just use the same bronzer on a daily basis, but I really enjoy changing mine up - so I'm more than ready to move this one out of daily use and start focusing on other products.

Still, I'm glad to have made some good progress and I'll look forward to panning the product completely next year. Since it's not super pigmented, if I'm lucky, the rest of it should be gone in six months.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.