Maslow & Co Asian Edit, August 2017 - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

Well, my husband has just left for work and he's taken both kids to childcare on his way to the train station, so I can finally sit down and write this little unboxing post. 

I'm sorry it's so late: I did receive the box over a week ago now, it's just that Mex has been away for most of the last couple of weeks so I've been dealing with two young un's on my own.

Anyhoo. This box. Let's have a look.


The first thing I noticed about this box is that it's all skincare, which is my preference so that's a good thing. 

There is one full-sized item that can double as a makeup primer, but the rest of the products are deluxe samples of fun skin goodies to play with - plus a full-sized toner that's the Maven Gift this month.

There are the products below:


I think if you prefer to receive makeup in sub boxes, then Maslow & Co mightn't be the right pick for you. While we do receive makeup occasionally, most of the products I've received to date are skincare items and that's exactly what I'm after.

This looks like a good box to me. The proof is of course always in the pudding, but it does look promising.

As usual I'll do a quick unboxing and first impressions post now, then I'll come back and review each item separately later on - so stay tuned for those reviews if you're interested.

In no particular order...


Son & Park Beauty Water (RRP $38.50 for full size; received travel size)

This is apparently a multi-tasking toner and cleansing water that has become a cult favourite. 

It should create a clean skin base, and it contains papaya extract to reveal brighter skin and create a smoother texture. Lavender water, rose water and orange fruit extract impart a subtle hydration. It has a pH of 4.5, which should 'reset' the skin's natural pH after cleansing.

This product sounds right up my alley and I'm looking forward to trying it.


Pūrearth Turmeric Exfoliating Sand (RRP $76 AUD for full size; received travel size)

An ancient Ayurvedic recipe, this hand-blended treat is a union of biodynamic turmeric, Kashmiri saffron, Persian walnuts, bitter apricot kernels and neem. Gentle and supremely effective, it lifts dead skin cells, drawing out impurities and clearing acne, congestion and blemishes, and encouraging blood flow. Skin is left polished, glowing and silky smooth.

To use this, you mix one spoon with water, milk or yoghurt to form a wet paste. You scrub it onto your wet face and then rinse. you can also leave it on as a mask for 15 minutes, using less liquid.

There's what it looks like below if you're interested:


I'm low on facial exfoliants at the moment and this one sounds interesting. Indeed, it's probably the item in the box that I'm most excited about - purely because I have a thing for facial exfoliants and love trying new ones. 

Mind you, it's also super expensive so I'm not sure it's one I would buy. Unless it's amazing. We shall see.


DR.GL Post Cleanser Step 2 (RRP $110 AUD for full size; received travel size)

Designed to be the second step to your cleansing regime, this mild chemical peel gently sloughs off dead skin cells to prevent build-up, leaving skin in optimal condition and primed to receive the full benefits of skincare that follows. 

If the word 'peel' scares you, you’ll be happy to know that this formula uses lactic acid - a gentle form of acid that is known to simultaneously hydrate skin.

This sounds like exactly my kind of product. I currently use Alpha-H's Liquid Gold as you would this product, and the Alpha-H one is glycolic acid based so it'll be nice to try something that's lactic acid based. 


RAFRA Balm Orange Facial Cleanser (RRP $55 AUD for full size; received travel size)

Crafted with powerhouse ingredients including essence, hyaluronic acid and collagen, this orange balm gently emulsifies makeup and impurities to wash away the day’s grime. Bursting with the scent of zesty citrus, skin is left cleansed, supple and radiant. You’ll soon discover why this is Rafra's top selling product.

I love a good cleansing balm and I've already opened this so I've been using it for the last week - and while I don't mind it, I don't love it either. It's hard to explain, but there's something a little 'fake' about it - from the smell to the look to the texture - and it reminds me of cough lollies. Sure it works, but I've used other cleansing balms I prefer. Review coming soon.


J.One Jelly Pack (RRP $54 AUD for 30ml; received full size)

Aside from the Maven Gift, this is the one full-sized item in the box and it was also the sneak peek for this month.

It claims to give you taut, dewy skin that holds onto makeup and it apparently works like a hydrating mask and makeup primer in one. It has a jelly-like texture that liquefies onto skin with gentle patting, creating a sticky canvas that helps grip any makeup applied afterwards for prolonged wear.

I'm swimming in makeup primers at the moment so it may be a while before I open this one, but I am looking forward to trying it because it sounds interesting and different. Fingers crossed it's good.


MUSTUS Limited Edition Daily Harvest (RRP $35 AUD for the set; received one mask)

A new play on the trend ‘edible beauty’, each mask contains a ‘juice’ essence that your skin drinks, absorbing nutrients to instantly hydrate, rejuvenate and vitalise your complexion.

Looks like you could have received one of a few different kinds: I received the 'soft/balancing' one.

You guys know by now that I'm not a huge fan of sheet masks - call me weird, but most don't do anything for me - but I'll definitely try this and let you know how I go.


Maven Gift: Avène Gentle Toner (RRP $34.95 AUD for 200ml; received full size)

A complement to makeup removal, this elixir moisturises, refreshes and tones the skin while sweeping away impurities without causing irritation.

I do like Avène and I'm low on toners at the moment so this is a timely inclusion for me. The product looks a bit weird because it separates (the top half is clear and the bottom half is cloudy), but presumably it's meant to be like that: the directions do say that you should shake the product before use, so that's likely why.

In sum

This looks like a good box to me and I'm looking forward to using everything. The only item that I'm not excited about is the sheet mask, but everything else looks like something I'll enjoy.

What I like about this box is that it contains a bunch of nicely sized samples of high-end skincare, so you can try more expensive stuff without committing to purchasing anything in full size.

As mentioned above, I'm probably most excited about the powder exfoliant, but it all looks good and I'm happy with the box.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.