Pan that Palette 2017: August update (Nars, Stila etc)

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to August's Pan that Palette update!

It's been a pretty good month for me and I've hit more pan, plus I've also mixed two shades that I wasn't using and pressed them into spare pans - and I'm now using them often so that's a win.

Also note that I've decided I'll most likely wrap up this year's challenge early in December, for the simple reason that I'd like to give myself a break before Pan that Palette 2018.

Let's have a look.

Here's how my Stila cream contour duo was looking at the end of July:


And here's how it's looking now:


As you can see, there's been great progress on this and I can see myself finishing it by the end of October.

While for most of the year I was using this for contouring only, since I wasn't getting through it fast enough, for the last two months I've been mixing the shades together (along with a liquid illuminator) and adding that to my sunscreen or moisturiser each day. I find this gives a beautiful, even bronze glow that peeks through my tinted moisturiser and I've really been enjoying it for that purpose.  

I won't be sad when it's gone, but I do like this product more now than when I was using it for contouring only.

Now for my palette.

Here's how it looked at the end of July:


And here's how it's looking now, after another month's worth of use: 


So I've finished one shade completely and hit pan in three more (including a blush). Huzzah!

Let's look at each half.

Here's the left side, as of last month:


And here it is now:


Let's start with the eight Stila pans (top). I've hit pan in the matte grey shade: I only use it as a dry shampoo because I don't like the formula (it's dry and ageing) so it wasn't difficult to do. You'll note that I've expanded the pans in Sunset and Gilded Gold, and also note that Night Sky (shimmery grey, top middle) is no longer Night Sky but now a mix between that shade and Nars Charade.

The three Nars pans: so I've mixed the purple with Night Sky and it's now in the pan just mentioned and also in two additional pans on the other side of my palette. The two browns (Nars Portobello) have been mixed and I use them for contouring or bronzing. There's only a tiny bit left so that will be gone next month.

The two square GA-DE pans: I've now hit pan on the paler one and made more progress in the darker one. These are not good shadows and they crumble whenever I use them (and they're not very old) so even though I don't use them every day, I've still made decent progress.

The round Becca pan: I use that every day to set my eye primer and I also use it on my face during the day to manage any oil around my nose and chin. I expect this will be gone within a couple of months.

As for the right side of my palette, here's how it looked at the end of July:


And here's how it's looking now:


I've hit pan on the larger brown powder (I mixed that one myself). I use this daily on my brows, for lining and sometimes for contouring. Not sure I can finish this by year's end: we'll see.

The highlighter I use each day on my collarbones only so we won't see a huge amount of progress in this for ages.

I've hit pan on theBalm's Hot Mama blush! Now I wouldn't normally expect to hit pan on a blush within a few months of introducing it to the challenge, but it's the oldest powder I own so it's crumbly, plus I tend to use it on my eyes mostly and you need a lot for it to show up (it's not as pigmented as it once was). Plus because it's old, it doesn't grip to my eyes as well these days and I usually reapply it after lunch. If I can clear out most of that top half by year's end, I'll be happy.

I've now finished the So Susan lavender shade and I've almost finished the Lancome purple shade beneath it. I use these quite a bit and they're also old so they're not very pigmented - plus they fall off the eyes too so I've been applying them twice daily.

The two Stila pans that were previously empty: these contain the rest of the mix of Stila's Night Sky and Nars' Charade. The shade I have now is the only grey I've ever used that suits me and brings out the brown in my eyes (I guess because it's a purple/blue grey). I love this shade and my aim is to finish the pan that's already half empty and keep the other two pans to put into different palettes at year's end.

I'm not sure I've even touched the four round pans at the bottom and I may end up just leaving those for panning at a later date so I can focus on the other shadows in my palette.

In sum

That's all from me! I'm happy with my progress so far but I'm also getting a bit over my palette so I'm looking forward to setting it aside in December and giving myself some time off.

Do let me know in the comment how you're going with your own panning challenges.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.