Project Pan 2017 mini update #23

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first mini Project Pan update for August.

It's been a pretty slow couple of panning months for me and I suspect it's going to continue being that way for at least the next few months because I have so many long-standing products on my list.

While I don't mind this because they're the items I need to finish most, I do look forward to the end of the year when I really start knocking things out of my collection.


As you can see, I've managed to finish off another lipstick (this one was a bright orange from Gilded Cage) and I've also knocked out a mini primer.

The lipstick wasn't quite finished: what happened was that perhaps one fifth of the original bullet was left, and it had softened a bit so one day I went to use it and it snapped clean off. 

The remaining product fell on the floor and wound up covered in dust and dog hair, and while in another situation I might have washed/sterilised it and attempted to salvage the remains, I've had more than enough of this product anyway and I would have been done with it in a week or so, meaning I'm calling it done. 


The Smashbox primer lasted a long time, even though it's only a sample. You should just be able to see the final purple nailpolish marker above, underneath the bar-code (underside of the piece in the middle).

I was able to speed up progress on this by using it both as a primer and also by adding a small amount each day to my base, which didn't do much besides thin it out a little and make it even easier to spread. I'm glad it's gone.

As for my replacements:


I've picked my tube of Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm, since it's been open for a year now and the shelf-life is 18 months so it's time to start getting through it.

I love this product but my favourite way to use it is to pat a thin layer over my makeup to plump up lines, hydrate my skin and make my dry skin feel more comfortable. I can use it for this if I'm very careful: if you use too much it can lift makeup. 

Long story short, the reason I haven't been using it much is because face sprays are so much easier to use and faster when you have young children, so I plan to use it once or twice a day throughout the next few months.

The nailpolish line on the underside of this 30ml tube is just under the halfway mark (not pictured below, sorry!).

I expect to get through this within a few months.


As for Davidoff's Cool Water Woman, I used to enjoy it but I don't like it as much these days.

It was given to me by a family member who remembered I liked it, which was sweet and I've been using it up occasionally on myself but also to spray in my daughter's room, where the change table and nappy bin are.

You'll see from the bottle above that I'm nearing the end of the product. I deliberately included this item so I could hopefully finish it by the end of the month.

In sum

That's all from me!

I hope you enjoyed this post and that you've got a good weekend lined up.

As always, really hope you're well and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.