Omorovicza Introductory Set - unboxing

/
0 Comments

If there's one skincare line that I've always wanted to try but has been beyond my price range, it's this one. 

For years I've seen it show up in reviews and on international websites, but I've never bought anything from the range because, while I love good skincare and am prepared to pay for it, I do have my lines and Omorovicza goes beyond those. It's just a bit too pricey and I don't think you need to pay that much for good skincare.


However. When the brand showed up at Mecca, I decided I would save my pennies for just one thing. I'd intended that product to be the fabled Queen of Hungary Mist - which to be honest I would buy just for the name - but I waited to see if the brand would release a set that included some of its star products.

I waited, I waited, and eventually I was rewarded because this little kit showed up, allowing me to try five different products for around the price of one full size. I would much rather try five deluxe samples for my money: that way I'm not tying myself to one product and later discovering that I either don't like it or that it's not worth the price tag.

And yes, the Queen of Hungary Mist is included in the set. Yay.


The kit contains five items that have apparently been hand-picked for their deep-cleansing, brightening and energising effects. They also claim to work well together, so I'll be sure to try them at the same time.

The set includes:
  • Deep Cleansing Mask (15ml), which should re-energise and brighten the skin while drawing out impurities
  • Queen of Hungary Mist (30ml), which should supply a hydrating and energising burst when needed
  • Thermal Cleansing Balm (15ml), which should remove impurities and makeup without stripping the skin
  • Cleansing Foam (30ml), which should leave skin clean and refreshed
  • Balancing Moisturiser (30ml), which should absorb instantly and hydrate the skin

The set retails for $110 AUD (it must have gone up: I paid $108 for mine) and the total value of the contents is over $200 so it's not a bad buy.

What I'll do now is introduce each item in turn and then later I'll do full reviews of everything, before writing a round-up post on the kit as a whole with mini reviews.


Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm (RRP $89 AUD for 50ml; 15ml sample RRP $44)

This is apparently an award-winning black balm that cleanses without stripping and removes all impurities and makeup (including waterproof mascara) to leave the skin soft and hydrated. 

It's rich in Hungarian moor mud, a potent source of calcium and magnesium, and enriched with sweet almond oil. It should replenish the skin, leave it silky soft and also smoother and more supple over time.

I'm excited about this. I love a good cleansing balm and this one has had rave reviews so I can't wait to try it.


Omorovicza Cleansing Foam (RRP $82 AUD for 150ml; 30ml sample value $16.40)

Sweet-smelling and baby-blue, this cleansing foam should remove makeup and impurities without stripping the skin of moisture. It doesn't contain harmful sulfates.

According to the description, it should detoxify skin and regulate sebum with copper gluconate; energise and revitalise skin with white lupin; and deliver long-lasting hydration and suppleness with apple pectin. 

I'm really looking forward to this. I love foaming cleansers but I'm aware that many of them can be harmful to skin because they contain irritating ingredients, so fingers crossed this one's good.


Omorovicza Balancing Moisturiser (RRP $140 AUD for 50ml; 30ml sample value $84)

This is apparently a cooling gel-cream moisturiser that was specially developed to help balance and regulate oily to combination skin.

Promoting a smooth, healthy-looking complexion, it should absorb quickly and help with sebum regulation to control shine and help prevent blemishes. It claims to moisturise while blurring the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles, and also brighten the skin.

Now this isn't designed for my dry skin so it mightn't be the best product for me, but it will be a good one to try as we head into the warmer months when I don't need as much hydration as I do in winter.


Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist (RRP $89 AUD for 100ml; 30ml sample valued at $26.70)

Purifying and hydrating, this toner was apparently inspired by the Queen of Hungary Water, the world’s first recorded perfume, formulated for Queen Elisabeth of Hungary in the 14th century. It can be used for a midday pick-me-up or as a post-cleanse toner.

Orange blossom, rose and sage waters should help purify and tone skin; apple pectin should provide long-lasting hydration; and the skin should be left firmer, more supple and younger-looking as the formula delivers minerals deep into the skin.

Excited! I hope it's as good as everyone says. Mind you, it ain't cheap so it'd be better if I hated it ; )


Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask (RRP $112 for 50ml; 15ml sample value $33.60)

Much more than a deep-cleansing treatment, this calcium and magnesium-rich mask clears congested pores and brightens tone as it draws out impurities.

It claims to purify the skin without leaving it taut, drawing out toxins and impurities while naturally absorbing pore-clogging oil with white clay. Skin is left firmer, more supple and younger-looking.

I don't really need another mud mask but I'll certainly try this and let you know how I go. It has some pretty good reviews so I'm expecting it to be excellent, but I'm picky with my masks so we'll see.

In sum

I can't tell you how excited I am about this little kit. It's good value because you get $204.70 worth of product (so about twice the amount for what you're paying) and it's always good to have an opportunity to explore what a brand has to offer, rather than just trying one product.

Do let me know in the comments if you've tried anything from Omorovicza and what you think of it if so: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.