Project Dent 2017: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light #2

/
0 Comments

You may remember that I dented this product earlier in the year (see update post here). 

If you're interested, I've reviewed it here.

I'm back today to introduce it to Project Dent again, for the simple reason that I may decide to pan it next year. It's a toss up between panning this one or my Hourglass blush trio (the one that was released years ago).

While the blush palette is older, I do have two of these Surreal Light palettes because I loved mine so much that I knew I had to buy a back-up. Indeed, it's the only makeup item I've ever bought two of, which tells you something.


The main thing stopping me from attempting to pan the blush trio is that, since Incandescent Electra is favourite blush of all time, if I finished the palette then I would just have to buy that shade separately. No point hurrying up that expense!

On the flip side, I would rather finish the palette while the powders are still in their prime, as opposed to setting it aside for another year or two and later discovering that it's started to go crumbly. I'm not sure yet when Hourglass powders start to change in formula as they age: I tend to finish my powders from that brand because I use them obsessively. In some ways, perhaps it would be a good thing to leave the palette be and learn what my timeline is for future reference.

Anyhoo. Here's how Surreal Light looked when I first introduced it to Project Dent on 14 March 2017:


Here's how it looked at the end of my last denting period, on 27 March:


And here's how it looks today, 13 September 2017:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


As you can see, I've already made good progress on this. I finished my bronzer shade because I didn't get enough brown in mine so I used it daily as my setting powder for months and eventually got through it. I also often used it (more concentrated) on the eyes and as a highlighter too - and it still took me over six months to finish it. That's how long Hourglass powders last, and this is only a tiny pan!

There's also visible progress on everything but the bright blush (top right). The setting powder I've been using daily anyway mixed in with the Stila bronzer I'm panning, since that bronzer is so old (plus it's been re-pressed) that it's going on a little patchily unless I mix this Hourglass powder in.

The nude blush shade (top middle) is visibly flatter and I can't see any problem in finishing it. It's probably my second favourite of Hourglass' blushes (tied with Dim Infusion) because it's the nudest one I own so I can wear it with anything.

The highlighter already has a dent in the middle and although it will take some work to get through, I do think I can finish it easily enough because it's not crazy pigmented like my Becca highlighters, for example, so it's not that difficult to make progress.

My aim with this palette is to use it daily until the end of September, and after that I may well dent the aforementioned blush trio again - just to help me decide what to pan next. Perhaps I'll try to pan both of them next year. I likely won't make it, but doing that will at least give me plenty of options in terms of what I want to wear each day.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.