Project Dent 2017 update: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) in Champagne Pop

/
0 Comments

I wasn't going to do a post today because it's Father's Day in Australia and we've had a lot on, but my husband is about to go out for a couple of hours so I can sit down at my computer for a moment.

Today I have a quick update post for you. You may remember that, two weeks ago, I introduced this Becca highlighter to Project Dent - meaning I've been using it consistently since then.


Today I'm back to show you the progress on this product - spoiler, it's not much - so you can see just how impossible it is to make a dent in a powder like this (!).

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm all for products being good value, but I would much rather buy a smaller pan that costs less, as opposed to a mountain of product that I couldn't hope to finish - even if it were the only highlighter I owned (which it most certainly is not).

Yes powders can last a good few years if you look after them, but by about year four (if you're lucky) they change texture and start to become more crumbly and less pigmented - making them less of a pleasure to use (especially when they're disintegrating whenever you dab a brush into them). That's my experience, anyway.

Moving on.


If you're interested in seeing my review of this product, it's here.

Also, my intro Project Dent post on this highlighter is here.

This is how Champagne Pop looked two weeks ago:


There we are again (enhanced for clarity):


Here's how it looks now, after two weeks' solid use:


Same shot (enhanced):


 And again, slightly different angle (you can see the tiny dent a bit more here): 


Same shot, enhanced:


As you can see, there's a very small dent in the centre (this is from the eyeshadow brush I was using) and the surface overall does look a bit different - especially in the middle where I focused my highlighter brush. 

Otherwise there's very little progress to speak of, and I won't be surprised if this highlighter outlives me. If only they were always available in smaller sizes.

Anyway. That's all from me for today. Over the next couple of days I'll be back with my next pick for Project Dent: I'm currently deciding what to use.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.