Project Pan 2017: August update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my full Project Pan update for August.

First, I'd like to apologise for the photos in this post: something appears to be wrong with my camera so they all look a bit over-exposed and fuzzy. I'll get my husband to look at it tonight. If this were any other post I would re-shoot them, but I took close to 1,000 photos for this single post and I just can't bring myself to do it. Plus I wouldn't be able to find the time between looking after the baby and the toddler.

Moving on.


So, I've finished two more products: my Maybelline lipstick in Lust for Blush and BareMinerals eyeshadow primer. 

You'll see the marker sheet for the Maybelline lipstick above and you may also note that there's a tiny bit left of the (upper) bullet. I expect to finish it today or early tomorrow so I'm calling it empty for the sake of this post but I will use it until it's flat against the plastic casing.

There are the markers for the eye primer:


I was able to get through it a bit faster this month because I started using it not only as an eye primer, but also on the inside of my nose to stop sunglasses-transfer, as well as around my nose and chin to help with oil breakthrough. It took ages to finish (eye primers always do) and I'm glad it's gone.

As for the rest of my products:


Here's what my list looks like:
  • Becca Backlight Priming Filter
  • Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland 
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector 
  • BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel Cream in 06 Ginger
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal
  • BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 in Sweet Spice 
  • Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark 
  • Bodyography Electric Lip Slide in 1605 Berry'd Alive 
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel
  • O&M No Knott Conditioning Detangler 
  • Wyte Luxe Whitening Applicator
  • Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
  • This Works Deep Sleep Spray
  • St Tropez Self Tan Foam in Dark (switched out)
  • Davidoff Cool Water Woman
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer 
  • Mecca Lip De Luscious
  • Gilded Cage Lipstick in True Orange
  • Maybelline Lipstick in Lust for Blush
  • Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil 
  • Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover in Medium 
  • Japonesque Liquid Lights in 02 
  • BareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer 
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Foundation in 1Y-BP 

That's ten products I finished in August. Not a bad month! 

This leaves me with thirteen products total, and note I've decided to remove my St Tropez tanning foam from circulation for now. Reason being, I've started swimming classes with my son and I haven't been applying this product to my whole body (not my face, neck and dec because I use another product for that, and not my...ahhh...breastal region because I'm still breastfeeding), so I don't want to look multicoloured in the pool. I might bring it back later on.

Also note that I completely forgot to photograph my This Works Deep Sleep Spray when I took these shots yesterday. Ooops again. There's not a huge amount of progress on it anyway so we'll just have to wait for the next update. Apologies!

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


The Stila Sun Bronzer I've had to re-press (re-pressing update here). While this was a good thing in theory because it's stopped crumbling now, in practice it also means that the powder is now firmer and more pigmented - I guess because I added some binder, so more of it is adhering to my brush and my face now.

So in some ways I've shot myself in the foot: whereas before I could see myself getting through this by November, I'm now not even sure that I can finish it this year. Argh! We'll see.


My Becca corrector is still hanging in there and it will be for a good while yet. It's the kind of product that I could use to lighten any dark lipsticks (for instance the deep purple Bodyography product below) and I would get through it faster that way - but I do like it under the eyes so I don't want to rush through it.

Once there's a bit more gone, I'll be opening the Tarte corrector I bought in the Sephora sales because I'd like to compare it to this one. I'm still not sure that I can finish it by year's end!


My Wyte tooth whitener is one of those annoying products that you can't see progress on so I can't tell you how much I've used. I must be at least halfway by now because I use it a few times a week and there's not a lot of product in there, but as far as I can tell, it's still going strong.

The BareMinerals cream eyeshadow I've finally been able to see progress on because I've used enough to be able to see down into the tube, and I'm about halfway so that's promising. I use this every day for contouring my face, which is why I'm getting through it reasonably quickly. It should be gone by year's end. 
  

The Bodyography lip product is such slow going that it looks like it will be on my list for a year. I'm not sure that I can finish it before it starts to go off, but I'll certainly keep it in circulation for as long as I can. I do use it every day but the tube is huge and a little goes a long way, plus I may only use it once or twice a day and then apply other lip products because I don't always want a purple lip. I do love it though so I'm happy to keep using it.

The NYX Butter Gloss I'm really enjoying and I've made good progress so I expect it to be gone in September. I've already taken the stopper out and there's perhaps a sixth of the original product left so it won't be around too much longer.


The O&M hair product has lasted longer than expected but I don't mind that because I really enjoy it. Going by the progress in earlier months, I should finish it in September too. 

After that I don't need to pan haircare products anymore - so I've definitely achieved something this year.


The Becca highighter and primer are newer inclusions and although I've used them since I introduced them, I haven't used them enough to see real progress so I haven't bothered re-marking the bottles.

Both are excellent products and I'm in no rush to get through them, but they are some of the oldest products in my collection so I'd like to get through them by Christmas. I should do that easily enough.


The Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is another newer inclusion but you'll see below that I've already made good progress on it and I should be through it within the next couple of months.

I do love this product and it's been nice to use it daily again - I pat a small layer over makeup to hydrate my skin, ease any discomfort and plump up lines - but facial sprays are easier/faster to use so it's a product that I'll likely only repurchase when the kids are a bit older and I (hopefully) have more time for myself.


The Nars and BareMinerals tinted moisturisers are still hanging in there and if I focused on just one, I would likely be through one of them in September. But as it stands, I can see them both being gone by the end of October.

I do love these products so I'm in no rush to get through them, but I'm also looking forward to finishing them because then I'll be able to open some of the new products I have in stock. Wish me luck!

In sum

First, if you're wondering about my replacements: I have picked these out and photographed them but I'm going to introduce them in a separate post. Reason being, my husband has since fiddled around with my camera so I'll be able to re-shoot the photos if I need to.

Also, note that as of September, I've decided to reduce the size of my list. Both last month and this month I've managed to forget to photograph a product, and I dread these full updates because I have so many products to photograph. I'd like to go a little easier on myself. Also, I've reduced my collection substantially now - meaning I don't have too many items left that I'd like to pan.

That's all from me for now.

I hope you're going well with your own panning projects, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.