September 2017 empties #2

/
0 Comments


I did an empties post only a couple of days ago but I would like to do another one today because the empties box doesn't have any more room inside it, so best I clear things out before they start overtaking the bench.

It's been a good couple of months for empties, and indeed many of these are in fact August empties - it's just that I didn't have time to do an extra empties post last month. I'll aim for three in September and perhaps even for the rest of the year.

In no particular order...


Woolworths Select Quick & Easy Nail Polish 30 Removal Wipes

Full review here. These came ages ago in a sub box and they're not unlike the Manicare pads I use and love - it's just that the Manicare ones are better (I've reviewed those here).

They're oily and the pads themselves are quite flimsy, so by the time I do the sixth nail with one of these, the pad is falling apart. I always get ten nails from the Manicare ones and I can get twenty (including my toenails) if the colour isn't too dark, so even though these Woolworths ones are a little cheaper, they work out to be more expensive because you get through them faster. Purchase? No.

Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream

I really enjoyed this little eye cream and I would buy it again because it's reasonably priced and you get a whopping 30ml of product, so it lasts ages and you'd be hard-pressed to beat it at this price-point - especially if you can buy it on special (I paid less than $30 AUD for mine). I've reviewed it here.

It's nicely hydrating and a little goes a long way, and it saw my dry eyes through the winter without issue so I recommend it for dry skin. It's not so heavy that it wouldn't suit other skin types, though, and it wasn't greasy so it sat well under makeup. Repurchase? Yes.


Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Cleanser

Full review here. I've had a love affair with this cleanser for a long time. It feels quite astringent on the skin so I only use it once a week, but it offers such a great clean and occasionally my face feels as though it needs something like this.

Funnily enough, even though it feels astringent, my pH strips tell me that it has a pH of between five and six - so it's not as harsh as I thought it was. It foams a lot so you only need the tiniest bit, and I wouldn't buy the full size because these little travel sizes last me over a year as it is. Repurchase? Yes.

Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift

This was a GWP and I was interested to try it because it's had great reviews, but unfortunately it didn't work well for me so I can't recommend it. I've reviewed it here.

It's quite a thick product that feels like a cream/gel hybrid in texture and you apply a generous amount, leave it on for a few minutes and then either massage in the excess or remove it with a tissue. My main issues with it were that it didn't feel that hydrating on my dry skin and it also gave a shiny finish so it emphasised my under-eye bags and eye puff. Foo. Purchase? No.


Nivea Firming Body Lotion with Q10 Plus

Full review here. I tried this body cream for the first time this year and as soon as I finished it, I went out and bought another one because it was on special and I loved it.

Not only is it a cheapie that contains 400ml of product, but it's super hydrating and my skin always looks and feels better within two weeks of using it. Indeed, I always start off using a good few pumps but within a couple of weeks, I'm using half that amount because my skin is already nourished so it needs less product. Highly recommend. Repurchase? Yes.

Banana Boat SunComfort Lotion SPF 50+

This came from the Parcel ages ago and I didn't review it because I generally don't review staples like body sunscreen and toothpaste, but I really liked it and it's one I would buy.

What stood out about it was that it's not as greasy as other sunscreens and it also feels lightweight on the skin, so for a while there I used it as my facial sunscreen because it felt better than other dedicated facial sunscreens that claimed not to be greasy but were. Recommend this one too. Repurchase? Yes.


Project Pan products

The next six items are all from Project Pan so I won't talk about them too much here because I've already done that and you may well be sick of hearing about them.
  • Mecca Cosmetica Lip De Luscious SPF 25+: full review here. These glosses are cult favourites for a reason. They're plush and lovely and they feel nicely hydrating on the lips. I don't love a pot for my glosses (I prefer a tube) but I live with it in this case because I enjoy the product so much. Purchase? Yes.
  • Maybelline Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Lust for Blush: these are my HG budget lipsticks, and while I do prefer the cream formula for my dry lips, I still love these ones and can't recommend them enough. This colour was a gorgeous mauve and I really enjoyed using it up. I've reviewed it here. Repurchase? Yes.
  • Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover in Medium: I hated this. Full review here. Two layers gave me no coverage and three gave me cake-face, plus it was rubbish at oil control and it pulled orange on me. Blurgh. Purchase? No.



  • Chella Highlighter Pencil in Ivory Lace: full review here. I don't technically need a product like this but I did really enjoy it for layering over my concealer along the darkest parts of skin around my eyes. It made a visible difference and I'll miss it. Purchase? Maybe.
  • Japonesque Liquid Light in Shade 02: this highlighter confused me because it was too peach for spot highlighting and it also had little glitters in it so it wasn't a natural product. Plus I couldn't add it to my foundation because it changed the undertone to peach, so it wasn't a useful highlighter in my books. Purchase? No.
  • BareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer: full review here. I didn't like this for my eyelids because I found it too drying and it also didn't extend the wear of all my eyeshadows (it worked with some formulas but not with others). I did however like it to help minimise sunglasses-transfer and oil breakthrough around my nose and chin, so it wasn't all bad. Repurchase? No.

In sum

That's all from me!

I hope you've got a lovely Sunday planned, now that we're finally starting to move away from winter and into spring sunshine.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.