Project Pan 2017: September update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my September Project Pan update!

I'm a few days late with this because there's been a lot going on (as in, I'm toilet-training my daughter so I rarely get a moment to sit down between potty visits), but I did mark my PP products and shoot these photos on 30 September - so the progress is accurate for the month.

First things first, my next empty: as you can see above, I finished my Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick in #13 Woodrose. And just look at how grotty the inner lid became during the panning process! Erk.

There it is again:


This was a mini so I did scrape out a good deal of the lower bullet, but I stopped doing that once it was time for this full update because I didn't like the product at all (I've reviewed it here).

Not only did it dry my lips out, but I also realise now that it broke out my lips in little white under-the-surface bumps. I didn't think this product was responsible because it was brand new when I opened it, but after finishing it my lips have calmed down so it must have been the culprit. Blurgh.

You'll see my marker sheet for this product at the end of this post.

As for the rest of my list:


Here's where we're at:
  • Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland 
  • Becca Backlight Priming Filter 
  • Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Fair 
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal 
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector 
  • BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 in Sweet Spice 
  • Nars Liquid Laguna Bronzer 
  • Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark 
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Prism Powder Highlighter 
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Tangerine 
  • Bodyography Electric Lip Slide in 1605 Berry'd Alive 
  • Wyte Luxe Whitening Applicator 
  • Clarins Beauty Flash Balm 
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel 
  • O&M No Knott Conditioning Detangler 
  • This Works Deep Sleep Spray 
  • Stevie K Matte Lipstick in King Kylie
  • Clarins Rouge Eclat in 13 Woodrose 
  • Pure Plus+ Milk Bebe Lip Treatment
  • BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel Cream in 06 Ginger

So I finished seven products in September and I currently have thirteen products left on my list. I was aiming to reduce the list down to twelve so I've almost hit that goal.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


First up, my Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark. I've re-pressed this again since my last update (see here) because I'd pressed it too hard the first time and hadn't added enough binder (so it was too dry), but now that I've fixed that, I'm finding it easier to use.

Mind you, it's better on the eyes than it is for bronzing these days because it's not adhering well to the skin anymore - but it does adhere better with an eye primer so all is not lost.

I hope to finish it during October: now that it's warmer, I'll be using it as a body bronzer and I don't mind if it falls off my body skin during the day.


My Gorgeous Cosmetics highlighter is showing a little more progress. You'll see how it looked earlier in the month (when I first introduced it) in my mini update here.

I do love this powder and it's great for using all over the face for a very slight glow, as well as brightening up the under-eyes and also the dark areas around my eyes on the sides of my nose.

I'm hoping to finish it by the end of the year.


My Becca corrector: this product just doesn't want to die! 

I do love it but I'm ready to try other correctors, so I may start double-panning this by using it on the lips to mix with the purple Bodyography product (below) so I can turn that into a paler, more lavender shade.

Again, you'll see my August progress in last month's update.


As for my Becca foundation, I've used this more than expected during September because my BareMinerals Complexion Rescue (panned this month) started oxidising towards the end - even though it was only nine months old - so I needed to add a good dose of this to bring the shade down.

I also used it when I tested some foundation samples that were too dark for me, and judging by September's progress, I may just be able to finish it in October. Fingers crossed!


Next, my Becca highlighter in Opal. I love this product and it's my last-remaining liquid highlighter, but it's getting old now so I'm hoping to finish it by year's end.

Problem is, I'm also panning my Becca Backlight Priming Filter (which I forgot to photograph individually: sorry!), and since they're both glowy products, I can't use them at the same time - and I don't normally spot-highlight with Opal, so they're both complexion products for me and they're competing with each other.

Still, we're getting there slowly.


My BareMinerals cream shadow: this is going to last an eternity. I've been mostly using it for contouring on the face because I prefer it for that purpose (it's not the best eye base I've used) and that's also a faster way to pan it.

Still, a little goes a long way so I may well be rolling this into Project Pan 2018.


Nars Liquid Laguna Bronzer: you can see there's very little progress on this but that's because it's a newer inclusion and a little goes a long way so I wouldn't want to pan the full size!

I have used this for bronzing during the month but I prefer powder bronzers so I tend to use it with any base that's too light for me (eg Nars Groenland, below), and now that I've panned my BareMinerals base, I'll be using the Nars one more often so we should see more progress during October.


This Bodyography lip product is going to outlive me, I'm sure of it! I apply it a few times a day and I'm barely getting anywhere.

Thankfully I love the colour and it pairs well with other lip products - eg if I want to turn a nude into a lavender, or a coral-pink into a magenta - so it's one that I'm happy to use for as long as I can.

I think it's safe to say that it will go rancid before I can finish it, but we're not there yet so I'll keep using it until it does.


Next, my Gorgeous Cosmetics lip pencil and Wyte tooth-whitening product.

Unfortunately I can't mark the Wyte product so I have no idea how much product is left, but I've been using it a few times a week for months now so surely I must be getting close.

The lip pencil I do use daily but it's slow-going with this (see marker sheet below), so I won't be surprised if it's headed for PP 2018 too. Still, it's my last-remaining lip pencil - I just don't use them - so I don't mind if it hangs around for a while. 

Also, given the bright orange colour, I often use this to liven up some of my nude lip products and it may be the only lip pencil I've ever owned that's not a chore to use.


Last up, my Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland.

I love both these products, and going by the markers month-by-month, I'll likely finish both during October. 

I'm especially excited about finishing the Nars product: even though I love it, I've been itching to open one of the base products I have in my stores - but I won't do that until I've panned this one because I don't like having too many products open at once.  


There's my marker sheet above. And yeah, great yellow photo Jane... ; )

As for my replacements, I'm only picking one because as mentioned, I'm working towards bringing my list down to twelve items in total.

Here's what I've chosen:


Yep, it's my Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Beige (reviewed here). So we've got two of these foundations on my list now. 

I use Fair for lightening my base products and Beige for darkening them: I always need mixers because my skintone exists in a non-space between light/medium and medium, so I find it almost impossible to find a base that matches me - and while I don't love these Becca foundations on their own, they're the best mixers I've found to date.

Markers below:


It's been marked twice because I was going to introduce it a couple of months ago, but ended up waiting until I'd panned some other products.

This will likely be rolled into Project Pan 2018, but I would like to start the process moving now because it's the oldest base I own (I bought it before Fair) and it's time to start working on it more consistently.

In sum

That's all from me!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and that you're going well with your own panning projects.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.