Project Pan 2017: mini update #39

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Pan mini update!

I'm pleased to report that I've finished my mini Hourglass bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light. While I do love the formula of these bronzers - and indeed it's my favourite bronzer formula of all time - I prefer my full size in Radiant Bronze Light so I don't mind finishing this one.

Also, I do have this shade in a palette, so it's not as though it's gone for good.


There's the pan in all its empty glory above. I did use a small eyeshadow brush to dislodge all the product in the grid, so we can definitely call this completely done!

As for my replacement, although I've been trying to bring in products that I know I can finish before the end of the year, I've decided to replace this bronzer with another one. 

Reason being, I would like to make a start on getting some progress on a different bronzer before Project Pan 2018 (or Pan that Palette 2018: I haven't decided yet), when I'll likely be working on something else.

Here's what I've chosen:


It's my Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze 04. I do really enjoy this product but I tend not to reach for it as much because it's similar to my Hourglass Radiant Bronze Light in that they're both a little darker than my other bronzers, plus they both have a sheen and also a red undertone.

Also, I find Laura Mercier's packaging to be chunky and a little cheap-feeling (it's light and it doesn't feel substantial), and I do prefer the experience of holding a heavier, more well-made and more streamlined compact. Another reason why I often opt for the Hourglass bronzer over this one, but I do prefer the formula of the Hourglass one too.


Above and below I've photographed the compact at different angles so you can get an idea of how much I've used so far (not much). It's also one of those baked, domed powders that doesn't show progress very easily, so I'm not sure how much I can flatten the surface between now and Christmas. We'll see.

One thing to note is that this product isn't very pigmented, so I do feel that I can get somewhere with it over the next six weeks. I hope so!

I guess the only other thing I should note is that it's one of the newer bronzers in my collection, which is why it's not time to pan it yet - but I would like to use it more often before working on something else next year. At this point it's also the least-used bronzer in my collection - another reason why I've chosen it - and I also want to review it in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.


Anyhoo. That's all from me!

I hope you're going well with your own panning projects, and that you're close to hitting your goals for Project Pan 2017.

Really hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.