The big declutter 2017: sample clear-out with mini reviews #5

/
0 Comments

A couple of weeks ago, I introduced this next round of products to my 2017 declutter series. I've mentioned a few times now that I've found myself with a bundle of smaller skincare items to try this year, which is why I've been keen to get through at least some of them before the new year.

I'm back today to write mini reviews of everything, and to give links to the individual reviews I've written on some of the larger products over the last couple of weeks.

So, in no particular order...


OUiGLO Rich Collagen Face Mask x 3

Three of these came in a recent Maslow & Co box (unboxed here) and they apparently contain a blend of collagen and fruit extracts to exfoliate gently and give you a dewy glow. Other ingredients include apricot, grapefruit and cucumber.

I threw these into one of my sample declutters (posts I do to make myself use up smaller stuff) and I said in that post that if I didn't like the first one, I would declutter the other two. Turns out I didn't like it so that's what I've done.

Unfortunately this might just be the worst sheet mask I've tried. It dried out my skin and my face felt so parched and papery after use, plus it looked older and more lined. The essence wasn't as rich as it normally is with sheet masks and there also seemed to be less of it than usual. Not a fan.


L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

Full review here. It's been so nice to return to this hand cream because for some reason 2017 has been a really dud year for hand creams for me: I received or was sent some bad ones and I also bought a bad one or two.

Apparently one of these L'Occitane creams is sold every three seconds, and I do see why it's so popular: it works, it isn't that expensive, and it doesn't leave a horrendous residue on the hands. My dry skin has been happier ever since I reintroduced this product so I might have to buy myself another one when these are done.

Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Moisturising Sunscreen Lotion 

This sunscreen claims to guard against harmful UV rays and also nourish your skin. It combines strong UVA and UVB filters that shield the skin from sun damage with a caring formula, containing panthenol and vitamin e to protect the skin from the drying effects of the sun.

I really enjoyed this. Although it was a little greasy and it had a greasy finish, it was also very thin, lightweight and hydrating - my dry skin loved it.

It's hard to describe why I preferred it over other sunscreens I've tried, but it just felt soothing, nourishing and cooling when applied and it didn't weigh my face down. It didn't clog my pores either. Next time I need to buy sunscreen, I'm buying this one. It hasn't replaced my HG Mecca To Save Face, but it's a lot cheaper (especially if you find it on special) so I can use it every day and save the Mecca one for special occasions.


Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil

This is a special blend of jasmine flower extract and botanical oils, and it should dissolve surface impurities and makeup without disrupting the skin's natural balance. After use, your skin should feel soothed, supple and comfortable.

I'm really loving this cleansing oil, so much so that I've been rationing my second bottle because I don't want to finish it! I've reviewed it here.

It feels so hydrating and nourishing on my dry skin so it's perfect to whack on in the morning while I get the kids organised, before going back later and completing the cleansing process. It's also great for makeup removal and I just enjoy putting it on my face. I'll miss it when it's gone: it's easily one of the best cleansing balms/oils that I've tried.


Asap Gentle Cleansing Gel

This is described as a light-lathering, soap-free cleanser that's formulated to gently and thoroughly cleanse the skin. It removes makeup and excess oil, while maintaining the skin's natural moisture balance. It's suitable for all skin types and perfect for sensitive skin. 

Full review here. This product is ok. It's definitely gentle and it's fine for the morning spot (I use it as my second cleanse), but it doesn't remove makeup well and it's not something I love using because it doesn't grab me. It's not that it's a bad product - not at all - but I have so many cleansers I'd choose over this so it's not one I would buy.

Goldwell Kerasilk Repower Volume Shampoo 

This is described as a gentle, lightweight and cleansing shampoo formulated with keratin and elastin. It apparently offers the ideal foundation for body and fullness with colour protection. 

I don't have much to say about this product because it's so hard to test a shampoo or conditioner without its matching pair, or at least that's how I feel. What I will say about it, though, is that at least it washes my hair well. 

I don't know what has happened this year, but for some reason it's not only been the year for bad hand creams, it's also been the year for bad shampoos. I've used so many that haven't cleaned my hair well, but this one does so I've been happy enough to use it. That's all I've noticed about using, it though - and I mightn't notice if it added volume because I have enough frizzy, boofy volume as it is ; )
  

Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial and Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

These products don't need much introduction because they're well-loved in the beauty community, and for good reason: they're both fantastic.

I've reviewed the Flash Rinse here. It calls itself a transforming treatment that instantly revitalises and visibly rejuvenates the skin, and it should leave skin looking firm, toned and smoothed. It also claims to reduce the signs of fatigue. Happily I can confirm that it does those things, and I'm pleased to have the product back in circulation again after finishing mine earlier in the year. It's fast, it works and I really like it.

I've reviewed the Glycolactic product here. It's described as a potent bio active peel mask that's designed to refresh and renew the complexion, reduce fine lines and dramatically improve skintone, firmness and radiance. I finished my full size of this a few months ago, so it's been nice to have it back in my collection. This also works and does what it says it will do, and it's been a favourite of mine for years now.

In sum

That's all from me! I'm pleased that I've managed to get through some more of these deluxe samples before the end of the year. Doing this has helped me reduce the amount of clutter in the cupboard, so I'm now facing next year with enough skincare in back-up, but not overwhelming amounts.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.