Project Dent 2018: Becca custom palette (Ombre Nudes and Ombre Rouge)

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent!

As you may know, I'm keen to go hard on Project Dent this year - which is why I'm aiming to dent four products per month for the whole of 2018.

Next up is my custom palette that contains mostly Becca shadows from the Ombre Nudes and Ombre Rouge eyeshadow quints.

First, I wanted to quickly show you how each palette looked before I depotted it (they were both included in Project Dent last year), so you can see how they looked originally and also how much progress I've made since then.

Here's how Ombre Nudes looked before I depotted it:


And here's how Ombre Rouge looked before I de-potted it:


As you can see, Ombre Rouge had a lot more progress than Nudes, for the simple reason that I prefer warm colours and I also forgot about Nudes for a while!

Turns out I love them both, however, which is why I wanted to throw them into one palette so I had everything I needed in one little nine-pan.

Here's how my custom palette is looking today, 16 January 2018:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


Now, let's run through what's in here because a couple of shadows aren't from Becca: I wanted this little palette to contain everything I need so I made some adjustments.

The top left shadow is Sunday from Ardency Inn because I wanted an inner corner/lashline highlight, and at the top right we have Nars Sin (the blush), which I re-pressed into separate pans because I only ever use that as an eyeshadow (the other pan is currently in my Pan that Palette 2018 challenge).

The Ombre Rouge shadows are running down the middle column, with shade three from the original Rouge palette placed beside the warm orange-brown in the centre.

All the rest are from Ombre Nudes, and you'll note that I haven't included either of the creams from the original Becca palettes because I have no need for a matte highlight with my hooded eyes, and I haven't included the darkest shade from Nudes because I so rarely use dark shades in my everyday looks. That's why I included Nars Sin instead: I thought it worked really well with the rest of the shades.

Here's my palette again:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


As you can see, it looks like I've barely touched these - and somehow the shadows from Rouge look less used than they did in those opening shots of the palette before I depotted it! I guess that's because I've used it enough since then to wear down those little dips you could see, so they no longer show up clearly in photos.

I should also note that this is my travel palette: I love it, it has everything I need and the Becca shadows are among my favourites. But when I look at my Too Faced Natural Mattes (which I've just dented) and also my Kat Von D Shade & Light, they're similar enough that I don't need to own all three. The Kat Von D is newer, but I would like to decide which palette I prefer between this and the Too Faced because they're among the oldest shadows in my collection. And although I love both, I can easily pan either the Becca or the Too Faced next year without feeling like I've opened up a 'hole' in my collection.

So yes, my aim over the denting period is to decide between this and the Too Faced, and I would like to make this palette look a little more worn during the process.

Wish me luck!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.