So ahhh... Contact dermatitis. Yay. Not.

/
0 Comments

So ahhh, I've just been to see my dermatologist and turns out I have contact dermatitis.

YAY.

NOT.

The issue here is that I'm not allowed to use any skincare or makeup for the next six weeks, aside from DermAid 1%, which I'm to apply twice daily. I am however allowed to wear sunscreen if I go outside and I'm also allowed to wear plain moisturiser if my skin is getting dry. I can also wear makeup if I'm going out, and my lips and eyes are excused from the equation so I can go on using a simple eye cream and whatever lip products I want to use.

WHAT?!

ARGH!!!


Some backstory. You may remember me mentioning late last year that I thought I'd developed some white patches (hypopigmentation) after using either The Ordinary's Lactic Acid 10% or Skinstitut's Vitamin C 100%.

After removing the lactic acid product from circulation (I'd thought that was the culprit) and then later discovering more white patches, I removed the vitamin c and thankfully the white patches stopped getting worse.

I let things sit that way for a while (it was the busy festive season), but when the white patches started looking worse again a couple of weeks ago, I saw my GP and got a referral to my dermatologist - and I've just returned from seeing him.

And yes, I'd had another post planned for today but I wanted to get online immediately and post about this!


So yep. That's the situation. Sure it's not the end of the world, but if you know me, then you'll know that skincare and makeup are my mediation so this is a big blow for me. And while I have no issue with walking around bare-faced, I do have an issue with not going through the process of applying my skincare and makeup on a daily basis.

What I'm considering doing - and damn I wish I hadn't been in shock at the time and had managed to ask him then - is applying my makeup on the daily when my husband gets home, so that I'll be whacking everything on twenty to thirty minutes before I step under the shower.

Call me crazy, but I'm not sure I'll survive the next six weeks mentally if I can't do that. What I've now done is emailed his office with my question. Let's hope he says yes; otherwise the next six weeks will be tough going.


So yes, that's my ARGH post for the day. I'll keep you posted on what my dermatologist says so you know what the next six weeks are looking like.

And of course, this will also affect the products I'm panning so I'll have to adapt my current lists where needed.

Otherwise all I can do is laugh. Today, that is. Who knows if I'll be crying tomorrow...

Boo hiss boo.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.