Project Dent 2018: Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Brilliant Strobe Light

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent for 2018.

As you may know, I introduced Hourglass' Dim Light to my Project Dent series yesterday, and since that's my favourite product of all time, I thought: why not make this a really fun round of Project Dent and bring in one of my other favourites?

So I decided to work on this product too for the next couple of weeks, being my Hourglass highlighter in Brilliant Strobe Light - which may just be my favourite highlighter of all time.


Let's just be clear: there is one thing I don't like about these highlighters. That is, they contain very fine bits of visible glitter. While at first I wasn't going to buy one because I didn't like how they looked when swatched, eventually I decided to go ahead and see how I went.

I first bought Euphoric Strobe Light and loved it so much that I went back for this one. And while I do love the colour of Euphoric, there's something special about this particular gold - that's why Brilliant Strobe Light is almost always the highlighter I reach for when we're going out.

It's hard to explain what's so special about it, but the colour is unlike any other highlighter I own and I'm obsessed with it. That's why I'm looking forward to using it daily for the next two weeks!


Do note that I haven't reviewed this highlighter yet but I plan to do so over the denting period.

What I can tell you now, though, is that these highlighters are very subtle and they don't emphasise texture - just what I want from my highlighters - and while yes they do contain very fine flecks of glitter, they're not obvious and you can certainly buff most of them away when you're applying the powder so I've learned to live with it. 

It's still the only thing I would change about this formula, so I wouldn't say that it's perfect - not for my personal tastes.


I also really love these highlighters on the eyes.

Yes they're subtle so you have to build them, but I don't love a big-bang inner corner highlight because the rest of my makeup is normally very natural so I sometimes struggle to find shimmers that are soft enough to go with the rest of my makeup. 

These fit the bill nicely.


 Here's how my highlighter is looking today, 12 February 2018:


Same shot, enhanced:


And again:


Enhanced for clarity:


As you can see, although I've used this highlighter a lot, so far I've only worn away the initial pattern except at the rim of the pan, and the left side above shows that the original pattern rim is significantly wider than it is for the other three sides.

My aim is to use this highlighter every day for two weeks and see if I can't get a dent happening in the surface of the pan. I'll also aim to focus my brush over the left side occasionally so it looks the same as the other three sides.

While I wouldn't expect to get a visible dent with my other Hourglass powders (blushes, bronzers, finishing powders etc) in that time, I may well get one with this highlighter because I use a smaller brush - so I can focus where I'm using it - and you do need to build these more than Hourglass' other powders, especially around the eyes.

As mentioned above, I'll also review this product over the denting period: stay tuned for that if you're interested.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.