Project Pan 2018: February update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to February's Project Pan update!

As you can see above, I've now finished three more products: my Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine Lipstick in 600, my Inika Certified Organic Pure Primer with Hyaluronic Acid and also my Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector in 01 Rose.

While I'm not surprised that I managed to finish the two lip products (I pan those very easily), it was a lovely surprise to pick up my Inika primer yesterday and discover that none was left. Huzzah! I have far too many primers at the moment so it's nice to get through one.


There's my marker sheet for the lip products above. 

Unfortunately I couldn't mark the Inika primer because it comes in a black bottle that you can't open, but it was on my list for a while and I've been trying to finish it for a few months now so I'm not surprised that it's dead.

As for the rest of my list:


These are my remaining products:

  • Laura Mercier Baked Bronzer in Bronze 04
  • Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer
  • BareMinerals BareSkin Serum Concealer in Medium Golden
  • Elizabeth Arden Fragrance in Green Tea
  • Mecca Lit from Within Illuminating Primer
  • Revlon Uniq One Hair Treatment
  • Alpha-H Absolute Lip Perfector
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine Lipstick in 600
  • Inika Certified Organic Pure Primer with Hyaluronic Acid
  • Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector in 01 Rose
  • Burt's Bees Lipstick in 501 Blush Basin
  • La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Tinted Comfort Cream in Medium
  • La Roche-Posay Uvidea XL SPF 50+ BB Cream in Medium
  • Models Prefer Lip Lacquer in Hot Sand
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine Lipstick in 700 Better & Brighter
  • Skinstititut Enzymatic Micro Peel (switched out)
  • Alpha-H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba Oil (switched out)
  • Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask (switched out)
  • Bodyography Electric Lip Slide in 1605 Berry'd Alive (switched out)

So you can see that I have seven products left. I finished eight this month and I had to switch four out - the masks because of my contact dermatitis and the Bodyography lip gloss because I have a feeling it's off - so my list has certainly shifted around a lot this month.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


My Laura Mercier Baked Bronzer in Bronze 04 is on the way out. You can see that I've hit a good dose of pan (that's the diamond grid you can see) and I expect it to be gone during March. 

I'm so looking forward to finishing it, I must say. I want to get stuck into my other bronzers, but I'm determined to knock this one out before I do. I'm close! Thankfully it should be gone in time for my March makeup inventory. Yay to that.


Next, my Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer. I'd considered putting this aside because I'm sick of using it, but I'll keep plugging away at it for now. 

I'm over halfway through it and although I expect it to last a couple more months, I'm definitely getting there so that's something. The issue will be whether I can still tolerate it once the weather gets cooler and my skin starts getting drier. If not then I'll switch it out, but for now I'll keep going.


As for my BareMinerals BareSkin Serum Concealer in Medium Golden, this is one of those items that's showing very little progress - despite frequent use.

I tend to use this to darken any base that's too pale for me, although I occasionally use it for concealing as well. If I wanted to finish it I could probably mix it with some whitening drops and use it as my foundation, so I might start doing that this month to help move things along. I can see this lasting at least another two months, although I would like to finish it sooner rather than later because I've had it too long. We'll see.


Above you'll see my Elizabeth Arden Fragrance in Green Tea. This hasn't been on my list for long, but there's already some decent progress. That's because the product only lasts an hour or two so I need to keep spraying it throughout the day. I expect to get through it within three months.

I'm not in any rush because I don't have many perfumes, but I would like to reduce things a little and this is first on my list: it's the cheapest one I own and also the oldest.


My Mecca Lit from Within Illuminating Primer: I've made a good dent in this during February and one of the reasons for this is that I've been applying two pumps each day instead of one. 

Why? The skin on my face, neck and dec has suffered from the treatment I've been undergoing for my contact dermatitis, so they've been very dry and when I've gone to apply my more hydrating primers (like this one and the Inika one above), I've been applying them down my neck and dec too, just to stop those areas from feeling so dry. Anyhoo. I expect this to be gone next month.


Next, my Revlon Uniq One Hair Treatment. I really don't like this product because it doesn't work for my hair, but at least I don't mind the smell so I've been using it as a kind of hair fragrance.

I've also been applying it to both mine and my daughter's hair before we go swimming, and while it's going to be on my list for a good few months, at least you can tell that I'm getting somewhere so that's a good thing.


As for my Alpha-H Absolute Lip Perfector, I haven't made a huge amount of progress on this but I have made some so that's a positive.

While normally I pan lip products relatively quickly, I can't use this one that often because it contains peppermint (which irritates my lips), so I have to mix it with other things when I use it. Looks like this will be on my list for perhaps six months so it's in for the long haul.


Now for my replacements. I've picked three to bring my list back up to ten products, and of course I've picked three lip products because they're the things I find the easiest to pan.

Mind you, up until now I've mostly been introducing lip products that are already showing good progress, but these ones aren't so they'll of course last longer than the others.

Let's have a quick look at each one.


First up, Jurlique's Love Balm in Rose. You can use this as a lip balm but I find the rose scent and taste to be far too overpowering to use this on the lips (and I don't like it on the lips anyway because it's so slippery), so what I'll be doing is finding other ways to use it. For example, it might make a good cuticle balm or it might be good for my dry feet.

While I've barely used this, if I'm going to try it for different purposes so that I can review it, it may well vanish reasonably quickly so I'm hoping it will be done within a couple of months.


This is my Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 180 Vintage Pink (reviewed here). It's the last one of these lipsticks that I own and I'm looking forward to panning it because these products absolutely stink and I can barely tolerate wearing them.

Still, I do like this colour (it pulls more purple on me) so I'm happy enough to wear it. I expect it to last two months, keeping in mind that these lipsticks tend to disintegrate and melt once you start using them frequently, so I'm expecting it to vanish faster than you might think.


Last up, my Sportsgirl Pout About It! Lipstick in IT Girl. This is the last Sportsgirl lipstick I own, and while I enjoy the formula, I've learned that I need to pan these early because they tend to go off faster than other formulas.

This one has been open for over six months so it's definitely time to pan it: it's unlikely to last more than a year. It's a darker colour so it will take me a while, but it will be a good shade for Autumn and Winter so I'll happily wear it often over the cooler months.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little update and that you're going well with your own panning projects.

While it was a good opening month for me, most of the items on my list are in for the long haul so I can see things slowing down throughout March. Oh well, I've managed to get my makeup collection down to less than one hundred products so I suppose that panning was always going to be slower from now on.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.