Project Dent 2018: Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Bronzing Veil in Desert Nights

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent!

Given that I've recently finished the bronzer on my Project Pan list, I've decided it's time to dent this product before I draw a bead on the next bronzer on my hit list. (Spoiler: it's not this one. I love it to the moon and back so it ain't leaving my collection in this lifetime or the next.)

I mean, it's Kevyn Aucoin. Geez those guys know how to make a glorious powder. KA powders are up there with Hourglass ones, and few brands can hit the moon and back like Hourglass can. 

Just sayin'.


A quick comment on the photos in this post: they're very old because I bought this bronzer from Beauty Bay light-years ago (before Mecca expanded its KA range), and I decided not to re-shoot the shots. Reason being, although the quality isn't as good as the photos I upload to my new laptop (my old laptop used to 'break' photos - I'm convinced of it), they'll do.

And then there's the de-potting 'incident' (see below), so I'm loathe to pop the pan back into the packaging I've kept and shoot them again, considering said incident and how those new photos would look...

I digress.

But I do apologise for the substandard opening shots, and note that my newer photos of the pan itself are fine so that's the main thing.


Oh! Did I mention that I paid something like $30 AUD for this bronzer?

Well no I didn't - and it's completely irrelevant to this post - but I'm telling you now because, you know, huzzah/hallelujah and shit. And good golly it currently retails at Mecca for $70 AUD.

Ah yes, how I miss those half-price KA Beauty Bay sales... Damn makeup no buy.

I digress again.


Here's how my bronzer is looking today, 17 March 2018:


And again, enhanced for clarity:


Now before you shoot me for hurting this poor bronzer when I de-potted it, do note that of all the many KA powders I've de-potted to put into my beloved custom palette containing nothing but KA powder glorious-ness, this is the only one that didn't pop out of the pan easily - so I wasn't expecting it and in 20/20 hindsight I should have used a different method. Sad face.

At least it's the only KA powder I've ever hurt during the de-potting process, and thankfully only a small slice of the powder (I'm talking depth, not surface area) lifted during the de-potting process - which is why I've only crushed and 'sealed' that particular section. Once I've used the bronzer more, I should hit original-powder terrain pretty quickly. We may even be able to see that after this round of Project Dent. Fingers crossed!

Anyhoo. I can't wait to use this product daily for the next couple of weeks: not only do I love it, but it will bring some much-needed bronzer relief after panning the Laura Mercier bronzer that just wasn't working for me. (Mental note to do a Project Pan mini update today so I can show you my happy empty! Well, I'm happy. Who knows what the empty's feelings are on the matter.)

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.