November 2017 empties #2

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my second empties post for the month.

I'm hoping to get three empties posts done this month, but we'll see how that goes because I'm not sure whether I'll have enough products for a third one. I certainly hope I do because I need to keep getting through some of the older items in my collection.

So without further ado...


Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Toner

Full review here. This is my HG budget toner and it's been a favourite since the first time I used it. It doesn't matter how many new toners I try, I always come back to this one and I miss it when it's gone.

It's hard to describe why it's so good, but part of my love for it definitely comes from the refreshing smell: something about it wakes me up and makes me feel cleaner and better. It's also great at gunk removal so it's a good one to use not only all over the face, but also down the neck and dec (where perhaps your cleanser hasn't quite reached). The makeup pad always comes away dirty when I use this so it does the job and it's cheap to boot. Repurchase? Yes.

Alpha-H Liquid Laser Concentrate

This product was sent to me and it's a huge 50ml in size so it took me absolutely ages to get through. Yes that's a good thing - especially with a product that you like - but by the end, I was more than ready to finish it and try something else. I've reviewed it here.

You use this on alternative evenings to Alpha-H's Liquid Gold, and while it does similar things to that product (so it resurfaces, hydrates, brightens and plumps), I reckon Liquid Gold is the better product so I'll probably try something else next time and won't come back to this. Yes it was good, but I'm used to excellence from Alpha-H so if it's not excellent, then I try something else from the range. Repurchase? No.


Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream

Full review here. I absolutely loved this night cream and I'm sad I've finished it, although it had lasted me a long time so I'm glad I was able to move it out within its short shelf-life (six months after opening).

It indeed smells like avocado and pear, and it's super rich without being too greasy - plus it applies and melts into the skin so beautifully and feels super cooling and nourishing at the same time. I'll miss it. Happily it's not too expensive and it's even better-priced if you can buy it during one of Priceline's big sales, which is what I did. Repurchase? Yes.

Sukin Micellar Cleansing Water

I didn't like this product much, and the more I used it, the more I disliked it: it was rubbish at makeup removal (being its main job) so I felt I had to really soak the cotton pad and rub harder than I would like in order to get the stuff off my face - and even then it left a lot of gunk behind.

I've reviewed it here. While I do like Sukin as a brand, I don't think they nailed the formula with this product and I've seen plenty of people make the same complaints that I have. Sure the product's cheap and you do get a lot in the bottle, but that doesn't help me if it doesn't work properly. Repurchase? No.


Skinstitut Vitamin C 100%

Full review here. I didn't like this product at all. Not only did it not do all the things that a vitamin c should have done (so brighten the skin, target pigmentation etc) but I also believe it was responsible for causing white patches to appear all over my face - that is, hypopigmentation, being the opposite of hyperpigmentation.

I have seen people rave about this so it must work for some, but for me all it did was occasionally sting my skin when I used it and it never yeilded positive results. Boo. What a waste. Repurchase? No.

Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser

I've used and reviewed this product before (see review here) but I don't remember liking it this much when I've used it in the past. I've tried it a few times before because I often receive little samples in Alpha-H sets or as GWPs, and while I always felt it was ok but didn't do much, this time I really enjoyed it.

It's a cream cleanser that feels hydrating and soothing on my dry skin, and it's gentle while still being effective. It was one of those products that I was going to give away because I've used it before, but I'm so glad I didn't because it's now on my radar and I'd like to try it again. So either Alpha-H has reformulated this or my preferences have changed. Purchase? Yes.


Project Pan empties

As always I'll go through these quickly because I've already talked about them at length via Project Pan and I don't want to bore your socks off.

  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Liquid) in Opal: full review here. These are my favourite liquid illuminators because I think they're excellent value and they look beautifully natural on the skin. They're also great for mixing in with your foundation or primer so they're versatile. Repurchase? Yes, but I would like to try a colour that I haven't tried yet.
  • Nars Liquid Laguna Bronzer: I normally prefer powder bronzers over creams and liquids, but I did enjoy this and I also liked that I could use it to darken any base that was too light for me. I wouldn't buy it because I would never get through the full size and I still prefer powders for bronzing, but it was a good product. Purchase? No.
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Tangerine: full review here. I don't use lip liner because I feel it's an unnecessary extra step (I just want a lipstick that lasts and doesn't bleed), but I did enjoy this because I could use it to brighten up any nude lipstick that was looking a little flat. I can't tell you whether it's a great formula because I don't have much to compare it to, but I liked that it was creamy and it wasn't as drying as some. Purchase? No.


  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks in 220 Heather Shimmer and 720 Notting Hill Nude: I've reviewed these here and here respectively. I don't like this formula at all because it stinks and the lipsticks are also very drying. On top of that, when I panned these they basically melted into oblivion (whether it was hot or not), so it's not a stable formula and I don't recommend it. Repurchase? No.
  • Nicole by OPI Nail Polish in Play Fair: full review here. I really enjoyed the colour and formula of this nail polish, but it was on my Project Pan list because I just don't have time for painting my nails and waiting for them to dry these days (I have young kids). Still, it was good and it didn't chip as fast as most, and once it thickened up so I couldn't use it anymore, it became my product marker and that's how I finished it. Repurchase? Maybe.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoy empties posts as much as I do : )

The best items in here were the Nivea toner, the Alpha-H cleanser, the Becca highlighter and the Antipodes cream. Everything else I can live without.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.